Sign in to follow this  
fltsimguy

Engine shutdown problem

The engines start just fine from cold and dark, but when I finish my flight and park at the gate, hitting the fuel cutoff levers does nothing to shut down the engines, they just keep running. Anybody have any idea why?Thanks,,John

its seems something is wrong . When you cut the fuel , engines stop after a little time .

After cutoff:-Fuel flow?-"Engine fuel valve"/"spar valve" indications (blue/very blue or not) on the fuel panel?

Edited by flygarn1

I have a similar issue. I can shut down eng. 2 but no matter what I do or what flight I have taken once I arrive at the gate eng. 1 will not shut down. Eng valve and spar valve lights are blue for both engines yet eng 1 continues to read 20.1. Shutoff levers for both engines will move to shutoff position when mouse clicked. But even if I change the panel state to Cold And Dark; completely dark cockpit, no lights or gauges, engine 1 is still running. I have done numerous clean uninstalls and reinstalls and still have this problem. I am not a newbie when it comes to this aircraft. Have been flying since last august when it came out. Never had this issue prior to the release of SP1c and FS2 crew for the NGX. Now I cannot complete a flight and utilize the full benefit of AES once I arrive at the destination airport. And yes, AES was installed prior to the SP1c update and FS2 crew and the aircraft shutdown just fine. Once updated and FS2 installed, this issue has arisen. Spoke to Brian at FS2 forums and he suggested I speak to someone here; said it doesn't sound like a problem with FS2. Can someone please give me some solutions to try? Love this aricraft but frustrated. Thanks.

What  I do is switch to the MSFS default 737-800, load that aircraft, shut down #1 and then switch back to PMDG 737NGX. If you have an ACARS system, it will still report correctly, just a little work around that I found works.

John