Sign in to follow this  
ddk

Whic A320 air file is good for FS2004

Which aircraft has a good flight dynamic and realistic for A320.so, i want to find the best air file for A320 use for FS2004. also i think wilco is not good, i don t like it. there must be a good aircraft dynamic somewhere, may be around avsim file library

There is nothing like separate flight dynamics to download.It is connected to a model and the aircraft's behaviour depends on many aircraft.cfg entries. That is why a really good merge is always very difficult to make.You didn't even write which aircraft model you are going to use. Let's say you mean Wilco?AirSimmer has great flight dynamics based on decent FBW but I don't think anyone merged it with Wilco aircraft (Wilco's model is just visibly worse).So it is not a good idea to try to mix things too much as it will rather make the flight dynamics worse, not better.You have Wilco (payware), AirSimmer (payware) and Project Airbus (freeware) to choose. Plus PSS has recently rereleased their (payware) A32X series.I don't think you would like to buy three products just to compare them with each other, so you must read some opinions, however they will vary as people usually praise what they are using.

Rafal is right, you must read around. There's no such thing as a perfect Airbus, or even a 'best' Airbus, It is very subjective and they are extraordinarily difficult to simulate really well in a way that other types of aircraft may be.There are some basic differences, between the Wilco and Airsimmer Airbuses, which I could and have shared, but you actually only asked about the flight dynamics. That really begs the question as to what you meant by that. It implies a question about how the plane reacts in flight compared perhaps to the real thing, FBW etc. Did you mean anything more specific?Of course it depends on what you are expecting. If you want accuracy it may not necessarily feel like what you were expecting, do you have a yoke or a joystick for example? Both have their strengths but neither model is perfect, the Wilco climbs like a rocket in a completely unrealistic manner, unless you are in expert mode. The Airsimmer only models the A320 but is closer to reality, however it is a bit of a dog on approach, also its roll characteristics sometimes feel unstable and a little jumpy compared to what I would expect.In order to get to enjoy them to the maximum (you can enjoy both for different reasons), imho you must be able to get in under the bonnet of FS9 and also your PC sometimes, mostly to apply tweaks, troubleshoot possible problems on your machine and improve your experience.Hope this helps and doesn't frighten you off.Ray

Actually there have been fde packages in the library, but as Rafal indicates the authors were careful to take into account those entries affecting many things like model animations, light placements and PANELS, usually PSSA320 back then.gawd the time I wasted back then splicing, merging, tweaking - hurts my head just remembering, but it WAS fun :Nerd:these years - gimme a whole airplane - period.

Edited by MarkRey

Regards,

Mark

i understand, thanks for most useful informations. i am looking around airport and attent airbus behaviors at the air (approaching and departing). so as you say the wilco nose mostly up departure and drop down when approaching. so i want to change it, may be use airsimmer, i don t know. so i know that on real (at the airport) i saw most of the airbus 320 arrive and landing nose up and smoothly. ( but 737's changing...)you know, as you said, if i mixed them (fde datas) i will got some technical problems. anyway there must be a way to get realistic dynamic sata for a320

HiI didn't say that the Wilco is bad on approach, in fact it is very good and stable for me anyway. It just tends to climb too fast on take off, unless you have it in expert mode where I believe it behaves on the numbers. Both planes land perfectly well nose up - of course dependent on you getting precise approach speeds, flaps etc right. The Airbus demands great attention to being flown properly and (although I am terrible at this myself), reading the manual closely.I personally do not like the Airsimmer on approach as it feels a bit unstable to me at the moment, and it rolls too much, which is an FDE issue. Many people experience severe stutters as well but otherwise it's the closest in most ways to being accurate and also looks and sounds great. You will need to be very patient with the Airsimmer, but when you get it right it is very rewarding, good looking and accurate. You will like the Wilco if you prefer stability over maximum accuracy, and with the Evolution update it is a bit more realistic than the basic Wilco, which evens things out slightly. Some people think the Wilco is the best overall offering out there at the ,moment in terms of its dynamic stability and what it offers (ie all Airbus A3XX variants).Do note that Wilco lacks an official forum and although you can get support it is patchy and unreliable according to some (they did answer my support call within a week). I'm glad I've got both and am hoping the next Airsimmer update will finally sort a lot of the existing problems, and I am particularly looking forward to the upcoming Airsimmer Advanced version which it is said should beat all the competition, FS9 and FSX. Unlike Wilco, Airsimmer has an active and dedicated forum and attentive rapid support. Rob Prest who works hard supporting Airsimmer customers is currently testing the advanced version and he feels it will be by far the best Airbus out there, many people trust his opinion. So you may wish to wait and see,Ray

what's the best airbus add on for fs9?None.What's the most popular airbus add on for fs9?Wilco.In my opinion the discussion stops here or this will be a long and never ending discussion, as hundreds of similar threads prior to this

Coltrane, the OP's question was not 'what's the best Airbus out there?' it was about the .air file which defines flight dynamics. It's a fair question and one which has perhaps not had so much airing as the question you quoted.In terms of Wilco's popularity - we can't know that, unless you have up to date sales figures from both suppliers, although I suspect you may be right.(where's Village Vanguard by the way? What a wonderful name. Can you fly there in FS9? :-)Sorry one more thing - there is an AIR file tweak that improves the Wilco FDE, (more drag on the spoiler & more effective drag from flaps): http://www.deltava.o...d.do?id=0x1945cYes I know, this is also discussed in other threads - apologies for repeating it. They work well for me but of course - use it at your own risk. Back up your existing .AIR files.Hope this helps,Ray

Thanks again for all answers. so all of answers usefull for me. so it is 'Dynamic issue'.i like wilco airbus and i think it is best but i didn t like aircraft dynamic especially when landing, now as you suggest i am also trying to use so wilco expert mode instead basic.i tried some of freeware a320 at avsim library so i couldn t find perfect air file.in Real, at the airports i saw, most of the 737 and tupolev and attractive airplanes (thay made mostly nose up and nose down). anyway i saw most of the a320 (airliners) landing smoothly and exposes most stabil arrival.now i understand that this is endless dicussion, so i will try airsimmer my first chance, try to use airedit guided as deltava

Edited by ddk

also i want to know, how is IFDG a320 air file. especially landing behaviours. does anyone know? or suggest?