Sign in to follow this  
boeing247

Panning camera angles

If you look most any good FSX movie on YouTube, you'll notice that there are a lot of shots where the camera pans past the aircraft. Without purchasing anything like Walk and Follow or EZ DOK, what is the best way to achieve an active camera angle like this? I saw using the "Play as Traffic" function of FS Recorder to record the aircraft. Is this feasible?Thanks,boeing247

This is a very complicated way, but the only one I can think of by now, without using EZdok ...- FSRecorder ... (freeware)- download and install it- load a flight- save that flight- fly and record the flight, give it a filename when promted- load the flight again after recording- press "play as traffic", choose the recorded file- back in FSX, press "record"- now you have your first recording displayed, follow that 1st plane, fly along side, then pass it ..- when finished stop the playback, and stop the recording, give the 2nd recording a filename when asked for it ..- load again the saved flight- now in FSRecorder press "Advanced Play"- choose the 2 recordings- decide which one is the "user-plane" (take the 1st recording)- now the 2 recordings should be displayed- choose a camera view, preferable a view that doesn't show the user-plane .. (wing view ..? turn the view away from the user aircraft towards the passing aircraft)- now just wait that the 2nd recorded airplane passes by ...Of course you can do that on ground as well.. in case you want ground shots ..You could as well use Bob, the walking guy from ORBX ... :)But I would suggest buying EZdok, anyway .. Less work and by far better results ... I know it's expensive, but since I got it, I don't want to miss it, and my conclusion is, it's worth every € I spent on it ...Hope that helped ...Alex

I did end up buying EZ Dok anyway. I think it was worth the money--takes some getting used to, but it works great.