Sign in to follow this  
Luc Brusselmans

Lights.... again

Hello every one,For the last few days I have been learning ti to fly the RealAir Beech B60.So far this turns out to be one of the few 'I really want to keep this in my hangar' planes.But tonight I found one area where the plane lacks something.Flying in th dark is quite fun but landing this plane is very hard because almost no outside lighting is visiblefrom the VC.In fact, I have been trying to taxi around one of the more familiar airports but that was a no go.Only a faint landing light or taxi light could be seen.Is there a patch floating around somewhere to fix this...?Luc BrusselmansBelgium

Can you see lights more brightly from outside view?Is there any chance of a screenshot?DanielAustralia

If you install Shockwave Lights Redux, send me a PM and I'll send you config settings. Shockwave lights will light up your life.

If you install Shockwave Lights Redux, send me a PM and I'll send you config settings. Shockwave lights will light up your life.
Any chance with Shockwave to make the lights 'blind you' when you are in front of the aircraft? From screenshots at 3/4 diagonal angle, the lights seem as bright. Here in my home city I can see aircraft landing lights brightly at 45km (30miles) away or more, and you can tell their direction when they move sideways the lights also go dimmer or even dissipate almost entirely.Daniel

Yes, the lights will blind you when faced head on but you can see a definite flare of lighting when viewed from the side. I'll try to get a couple of screenies organized in an hour or two and post them then unless someone else does it first.

Yes, the lights will blind you when faced head on but you can see a definite flare of lighting when viewed from the side. I'll try to get a couple of screenies organized in an hour or two and post them then unless someone else does it first.
Thanks Dan! Appreciate this.Daniel

I bought the product in the hope that it would add working lights to the default FSX 737-800, upon which the model I use is based. However, even with it installed I cannot get taxi lights which light up the ground ahead at all -- only the landing lights do that. I can get the nosewheel light to operate with the taxi light switch, but it is only visible from outside.I've been told this is because the aircraft model has to code for the ground lighting effects, that it isn't a properly of the light textures used. Do you know this? Is there a solution to get a useful taxi light at all?I see your link shows good taxi lighting for the Duke. Can it be done for the 738?RegardsPete Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I bought the product in the hope that it would add working lights to the default FSX 737-800, upon which the model I use is based. However, even with it installed I cannot get taxi lights which light up the ground ahead at all -- only the landing lights do that. I can get the nosewheel light to operate with the taxi light switch, but it is only visible from outside.I've been told this is because the aircraft model has to code for the ground lighting effects, that it isn't a properly of the light textures used. Do you know this? Is there a solution to get a useful taxi light at all?I see your link shows good taxi lighting for the Duke. Can it be done for the 738?RegardsPete
Hi Pete. I have to clarify here a little. A friend did the installation for the Duke and sent me the necessary confg files. I have done only a couple of others, the Flight1 Cessna 182 and the BN2 Islander with no problems so I cannot speak to larger aircraft. I don't fly anything larger than the BN2 or faster than the Duke. Sorry to get your hopes up. Edited by woodhick