Sign in to follow this  
MikeT707

Future Scenery Edition and Aircraft Requests

The same programmer, Adam Szofran (of FSX fame) is the lead scenery/terrain dev in Flight.I have looked at lots of areas in top down view and compared them to Google Earth.They are almost identical.If they have done that with the rest of the planet then they really are on a winner.Fred.
+1 I did the same as far as the google search and i was also happy with the results when comparing both. Hilo was my focus point and like i mention before some good work went in to it as far as i can see..... Edited by rtodepart

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I'd love to see a low res, low quality world coverage DLC in one package, even if it is just FSX retrofitted into Flight.
+1 although I would expect that this comes for free once they offer say KLAX as DLC. They cannot expect that I pay just for seeing ocean below when flying between Hawaii and KLAX. I mean they can hardly leave the water black unless you buy a Pacific Ocean DLC, can they. Well, maybe they actually can :-)EDIT: what actually just came into my mind. Did any beta tester ever use the slew function and saw something way outside the hawaii base coverage? Anybody who set the Icon near KLAX or where KLAX should be e.g.? Is there really just water on the globe or already land? or probably you were not allowed to slew away from Hawaii Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Although additional scenery and planes are certainly things I'd like to see in the store, firstly I'd like to be able to buy IFR/ATC/AI stuff. Personally, I'd rather hang around Hawaii and do some instrument navigation and approaches with ATC direction and some other planes buzzing around. 300 miles is plenty of distance for me and what's below me isn't that big of a deal. I want a starting airport and destination airport and the expected NAVAIDs and ATC and that'll go a long way towards replacing my FSX usage.

what actually just came into my mind. Did any beta tester ever use the slew function and saw something way outside the hawaii base coverage? Anybody who set the Icon near KLAX or where KLAX should be e.g.? Is there really just water on the globe or already land? or probably you were not allowed to slew away from Hawaii
If I remember right someone said that Flight has no flew function.AlsoI think that its extremely stupid if Flight is going to have just small areas modeled in high quality and nothing outside them when whole world could be modeled in low quality and then you could buy DLC to make it look better. Thing I have loved most in FSX is ability to at least fly into any location in whole world, not just mainstream ones where all add on scenery is released.

Scenery, American West Coast: 1. California2. PNW (including Vancouver Island)Aircraft, RealAir Duke and Carenado BonanzaAvionics, RealityXP simulation of one of the newer Garmin units.

Bert

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.