Sign in to follow this  
Socrat

FSX Scenery Manager

Guest firehawk44
Have you looked in the file library?
I tried several queries into the library and it is definitely not there. Google indicates the file is no longer available from the author.
Does anybody know about Scenery manager for FSX?
PM me and I'll see what I can do to help.Best regards,Jim

I tried several queries into the library and it is definitely not there. Google indicates the file is no longer available from the author.
I Googled "FS Scenery Manager v1.7" and it directed me right to the Avsim Library. Search under Lionel Uzan, unless it's not the same utility? I downloaded it, but who knows when it will get installed and checked out?

Guest firehawk44

Thanks

I Googled "FS Scenery Manager v1.7" and it directed me right to the Avsim Library. Search under Lionel Uzan
It's not the same one but it probably does the same thing. The utility the OP was looking for was authored by Steve Greenwood. Thanks for searching.Best regards,Jim

The utility the OP was looking for was authored by Steve Greenwood.
Are you sure he's looking for Steve's tool? That works on clearing up problems in the scenery.cfg file. The link posted by the OP deals with something entirely different.The OP's post about it not working in FSX is addressed on the web page that he linked and requires a download of the "fix" for FS9.Whatever, I'll look at what I downloaded eventually and see what it does. Maybe it will be useful?

Guest firehawk44
Are you sure he's looking for Steve's tool?
I got confused through my Google searches but the fstscenery program by Steve Greenwood works too. At least it did for me. Thanks for clarifying and my apologies.Best regards,Jim

Is this what you are looking for?Found this nice little FREE program and it is very well suppoprted by its author Andrew Thorton.What does it do:1. Allows you to repair errors in scenery.cfg2. Allows grouping of scenery files (eg Europe, USA, etc)3. Allows very easy to change scenery priorties either individualy or by group.4. Allows you to active only the scenery that you want for you flight (ie just Europe)5. reduces loading timesThe link:http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/files/I have found it very useful and I have only have 680 scenery enteries.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Occaisionally the program looses the Group assignments. Otherwise it works.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I Googled "FS Scenery Manager v1.7" and it directed me right to the Avsim Library. Search under Lionel Uzan, unless it's not the same utility? I downloaded it, but who knows when it will get installed and checked out?
Yes for "Lionel Uzan" but no to "FS Scenery Manager". I look for "FS Scenery Manager X".I will test the program from Andrew Thorton tomorrow. Edited by Socrat

I look for "FS Scenery Manager X".
Oh, OK. I was mistaken, despite this being the description listed in the file library here;File Description:FS Scenery Manager X is a little tool to manage easily sceneries of FSX. The main function is the possibility to classify scenery into folders, for a simplified management of several sceneries in one click. Moreover you can add more than one scenery with the scan function. Version 1.3 as the same functionalities that the FS Scenery Manager V1.8 for FS2004. For more details see the pdf in the zip file.

OK, I test the "SceneryConfigEditor v1.1.0". There is "List" but this list is empty. When I load scenery.cfg I see some sceneries, but not all. There should be some sceneries, that I added and played.

Edited by Socrat