Sign in to follow this  
Socrat

FSX Scenery Manager

Hello everyone,I just stumbled upon this topic.For some time now I have been using "Fs scenery manager" as a scenery manager.It is a an older program (latest version is 1.8, updated to FsX status) and it works across different versions of FS.In the poast, it used to be payware but you can install it now for free by downloading the regkey from their website.Search the web for fsscenerymanager (or Michael Garbers) and I think it will come up somewhere.Luc BrusselmansBelgium

Edited by Luc Brusselmans

Why we would need the "regkey"? We can run the program X version, we don't need serial number. But there is some bug obviously.

Edited by Socrat

Socrat,I am not sure you really do need the regkey. Even with it will still give you the heading of the trial version.However, as far as I can see, there is no obvious bug. I use the program for three or four years without problems.A word of caution though. You really have to read the manual (can be downloaded from the site) because theuserinterface is not very straightforward and planning ahead of how you want to use the different levels of scenery is a must.Once you get the hang of it, it is really a great tool to minimise the amount of loaded scenery in youf fsx. (which is good for bothframerates and to avoid stutters)Luc BrusselmansBelgium

@Luc Brusselmans:I am not sure if we talk about same file. But you cannot say there is not bug when I have a bug! What system do you use? I have Windows XP SP3. You could try download the FS Scenery Manager X v 1.3 from AVSIM library and try it. You have some different file than me. Realize the file from AVSIM library IS NOT trial, it is full freeware. But if you will see that there is really a bug or if you have same system, you could send me your working version, don't you think? But I still doubt. Same system version is one factor. Local system language is second factor. Maybe the program was debugged just to work in English environment and is unusable for languages with Cyrillic alphabet.PS:I have used FS Scenery Manager for fs2004 so I know how it works. I need not read manual, but I did just check it if there are some (installation or setup) traps, but I found no traps for this program.

Edited by Socrat

I also get blank view. I believe the program is looking fo an FS9.cfg as well as FSX. Just a suspicion since I used to use its FS2004 version by giving it an FSX cfg but named FS2004. The author may have both versions of FS on his computer as well as those who have no issues.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Socrat,As I mentioned in my first post on this toppic, I am indeed talking about another program. Same (almost) name but different al the same.(Mine is reading version 1.8 and not 1.3). Different developper too as mentionned in my oroginal answer.That answer was merely intended to point the original poster to an alternative solution to his problem.And I if you can spare a moment to find the auther (Michael Garbers) on the web you will find a neat little program that works without obvious bugs.To make it easier, I did the searching for you and found http://www.flightxtreme.com/old.htm where you can download the one I am talking about.And of course you are free to do or don't read the manual.In this case I should have to advise you to do read it, just to be on the safe side of trouble.Luc BrusselmansBelgium

@Luc Brusselmans:I am confused of all the stuff. I remember I was on the site to which you refer me when I was looking for the Scenery Manager X ... or what was the story... But i cannot download the FS Scenery Manager V1.7 +(Service Pack 1) (2.5MB) +The link is not working. Then there is some FSX (332 Sceneries Fix included) Fix (0.4MB) but probably this needs the basic installation.

Edited by Socrat

Hello Socrat,You are right. The link is indeed dead in the water.If you're interested, give me a PM with you email adress and I'll send you the fileS;It's not that big so mailing should work just fine.Luc BrusselmansBelgium

After I read this post, I decided to install my old version 1.7 of Scenery Manager with the FSX fix and I got many messages of error.I desinstalled FSX SM and my own registration key. I installed SM in trial mode, using the free registration key I downloaded with the link given by Luc Brusselmans (thanx Luc). After that, I did not get messages of error or blank.Maybe also the errors came because I moved some sceneries to fast to another level, I don't know.It is just my experience with the FSX SM version.

GTX 1660 Ti

Is this what you are looking for?Found this nice little FREE program and it is very well suppoprted by its author Andrew Thorton.What does it do:1. Allows you to repair errors in scenery.cfg2. Allows grouping of scenery files (eg Europe, USA, etc)3. Allows very easy to change scenery priorties either individualy or by group.4. Allows you to active only the scenery that you want for you flight (ie just Europe)5. reduces loading timesThe link:http://sourceforge.n...sceditor/files/I have found it very useful and I have only have 680 scenery enteries.
Thanks for the link Just what I was looking for and it works like a champJosh Edited by JoshKemp

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /