Sign in to follow this  
mgh

An idea

Nonsense.Just because Microsoft (with its $255 billion market cap) has the money to, as you put it, "prepare a fully costed and resourced plan to develop, test, and market" Flight doesn't mean we should be content with mediocrity or assume that something better is not achievable.
Exactly. There's nothing wrong with being critical of a product line that has gained the following that MSFS has. Look at what happened when Apple released Final Cut Pro X - a very vocal fanbase voiced their extreme displeasure at the new product, and lamented what Apple had done in order to entice more casual users. Just because I am unable to create an alternative to Flight, shouldn't mean I have to be silent about my disappointment with the direction Microsoft has taken. The attitude that some people have taken that we should just accept whatever Microsoft hands us and be thankful for it is very naive. Constructive criticism can lead to improvements.

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with being critical of a product line that has gained the following that MSFS has. Look at what happened when Apple released Final Cut Pro X - a very vocal fanbase voiced their extreme displeasure at the new product, and lamented what Apple had done in order to entice more casual users. Just because I am unable to create an alternative to Flight, shouldn't mean I have to be silent about my disappointment with the direction Microsoft has taken. The attitude that some people have taken that we should just accept whatever Microsoft hands us and be thankful for it is very naive. Constructive criticism can lead to improvements.
Exactly. The pack mentality is getting nobody anywhere. Well said, by the way. I like the Apple example.

Yes, and the yelling that Microsoft only works on products based on ROI is also getting tiering. Most tech companies have ''sandboxes'' where they develop projects not for profit, but to invent and improve on tech that might be used down the road.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.