Sign in to follow this  
MrGreen

High VRAM usage with Rejectthreshold

Hi, I'm not sure whether this topic is in the right place, if not please moderators help me put it where it is supposed to be :)After having some initial problems with my RAM ive reinstalled FSX and am now in the process of applying tweaks. I've followed NickN's guide on nvidia inspector settings and also used bojotes fsx.cfg tweak (with some changes).Tweaks used:RejectThreshold=131072Highmemfix=1Texture_bandwidth_mult=40Texture_max_load=4096ForceVsyncfullscreen=1-||- windowed=0The rest is per the bojote tweak for a HT off 4.3ghz + CPU etc, but with affinitymask disabled.Frames in FSX are set to unlimited with anti_lag limiting FPS at 30When using the NGX at some test airports like UK2000 EGPH/ AS ENGM im never above 1400/1300MB VRAM but when at Aerosoft ESSA it goes up to 1522MB as maximum.Thats dangerously close to the max VRAM of my GTX 480, what can I do to get the usage down to a more "safe" level, I feel like if i continue running the settings as I have the right now I will run into OOM errors etc.FSX display settings are the recommended by NickN setup but with High 2x. Water and Autogen at Dense. Nvidia inspector settings are: 8xS AA, Transparency set to off/Multisampling, and AF 16x. I'd like to keep it like this because I don't like the tree shimmering on lower settings.Also one question: in the PMDG Forum sticky it says to put transparency at 4xSupersampling, wouldn't this decrease performance?Thanks in advance

Edited by MrGreen

With your card, you should be running the BP=0 tweak. You will be able to take advantage of this tweak due to your powerful GPU.

I read though that newer more powerful cards like the GTX 480 etc gained more from using Rejectthreshold. Isn't this true?

I read though that newer more powerful cards like the GTX 480 etc gained more from using Rejectthreshold. Isn't this true?
Not always...There recently was a thread in the MOBO forum showing the performance gains from using PoolSize=0 tweak.I'd reccomend that you leave the Rejectthreshold as is and just add a line below it "PoolSize=0".You might get an occasional artifact but for the most part, performance should be considerably better with the PoolSize=0 tweak applied.Since you have a very powerful GPU, this tweak should be no problem for your system.

Wouldn't leaving the rejectthreshold and adding bp=0 negate the rejecttheshold setting?
I am not sure; I have always left it as is. I've never run into any problems.I just have my line like this:[bufferPools]RejectThreshold=131072PoolSize=0 Edited by benorg

I am not sure; I have always left it as is. I've never run into any problems.I just have my line like this:[bufferPools]RejectThreshold=131072PoolSize=0
Poolsize=0 negates RT threshold line. What you are using makes no sense. You can as well remove RT and there will be no difference.