Sign in to follow this  
DeltaMD11

NGX frame rates

1) Affinty mask change to 244: Read it won't help FSX, but it can stop "collisions" and help addons/system programs perform better
From what I understood in the other thread, it will help reduce stutters that can be induced by the "collisions." I think that whether or not you have those collisions is rig dependent, so if you're finding that you have them, then I'd recommend trying that fix. It's definitely open to other readings. I don't have expertise in how multi threaded programming works, I'm just reading what the guys who do have said. I definitely recommend the read, it was really enlightening.

I have been reading these HT postings for a while now and decided to carry out my own tests in order to make up my own mind as to which was best HT on or off. I have Windows 7 64 bit opereating system.I have HT set to on in the BIOS, Task manager Running with the performance tab visible and FSX running in windowed mode. I have 4 cores 8 processors. First 2 lines in FSX.cfg is[Jobscheduler]Affinitymask=XIf I change the Affintitymask to any value there is no change to core loading as seen on the performance tab. Only cores 0 & 1. Why?If I go into the processes tab of Task Manager look at the FSX process and right click Affinity it always says <All Processors> regardless of the Affinitymask setting.If I manually change the Affinity on the fsx process I get maximum frame rates if I set CPU 2 and 4 to run.I conclude that HT off probably will make sense but my question is why is Affinitymask=X having no effect?Many ThanksDavid Gunton

http://www.simforums...topic29041.htmlhttp://forum.avsim.n...p0-conclusions/The only guides you will ever need.I run an i7 950 3.06 GHz (not overclocked and with stock cooling) with a GTX 465 and 8 GB of ram, and my frames are solid at 35-40 with AI traffic, Active Sky weather, REX graphics, and airports like Flightbeam KSFO and FSDT KORD.P.S.I just recently switched to DX10 and gained at least 10 FPS on average, 20-30 FPS in some cases depending on phase of flight.Also, turn off vsync, bloom, aircraft shadows, and any enb shader mods if you run them.P.S.SDEFRAG!Also run extra programs, like Active Sky/FSINN/FSCommander on a networked laptop/pc if you can. Saves loads of computing space for the pc running FSX Edited by trip7cap