Sign in to follow this  
VHOJT

Multiple monitors (two) - undocked 2D panels

Hello chaps,I know this isn't exacty on-topic, but I have tried elsewhere and haven't really found an answer. I just thought I'd check here that no-one knows the answer.I always used to run my PMDG planes/other ones in FS9 with the main 2D panel on one screen, then undock some other panels (e.g. FMC, lower EICAS etc.) onto another screen, and then enter full screen mode. This never before impacted on my FPS.My specifications are Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, NVIDIA 8600M GT, 4GB RAM.This was with Windows XP 32-bit and 2GB RAM. I have since wiped/clean installed Windows 7 64-bit and upgraded my RAM from 2GB to 4GB. Now, whenever I do this, FS9 (and FSX) seem to grind to just about grind to a halt with AA on 8xS and settings as per the Nvidia config. guide pinned in this forum. If I turn AA down to straight 4x, FPS do improve, but it does stutter a lot. Some people have said this has always occured with undocked 2D panels - but I have never experienced it before.Does anyone have any ideas or advice?And sorry again, I know it's not the best post for the PMDG forum. It's just I have tried elsewhere and people seem to be fairly knowledgeable around here!Cheers,Rudy

RudyI tried a lot of AA settings in Inspector which always resulted in stutters. For the time being I am using an 8xQ AA setting with 8x supersampling.This has eliminated the stutters and increased FPS by 3-4. I am not using multiple monitors but its worth a try.Michael