Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

FSUIPC disconnecting

I keep getting an intermittent problem with FSUIPC disconnecting. I usually start FS9 in windowed mode and then switch to full screen with Alt+Enter before I push back. Sometimes, but not every time, when I hit Alt+Enter the screen goes black for a second then I hear the Windows 7 chime and all the things connecting via FSUIPC (Radar Contact/FS Realtime etc) all crash and report that the connection to FSUIPC has been lost. This doesn't happen at any other time than switching screen modes. Why is this happening and is there a fix? I have tried about three versions FSUIPC and the same problem happens with them all.Andy S

You should always use the current version of FSUIPC available from the two links pinned on the RC forum.Be sure FS does not have the setting to pause on task switch enabled. When FS does not have focus you want it to keep running.FSUIPC will give a time-out error or disconnect if a loaded flight is interrupted. This could also happen if your pc resources are really loaded down and switching windows modes causes an interruption in the windows inter-process inter-application messaging system.For FS9 you should be using version 3.999 of FSUIPC:http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/and since you are on RC user grab the current version of makerwys.exe:http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/