Sign in to follow this  
isardriver

multiple issues with fsx and win7 pro

hi there, am a newbie and not very win7 savvy. i have been playing fsx ever since it was released on my xp machine without any issues. i have recently upgraded my computer to an asus i7 3.4 machine with 8mb of ram, and two low end video cards (gt520 with 2 gb of ram and gt530 also with 2 gb of ram - came with the machine) i have been wanting to build a simple home cockpit using multiple monitors. i use a saitek yoke and 2 tq's, saitek rudder pedals, saitek instrument panel, multi panel, and autopilot panel. there are no saitek drivers installed as i am using a registered version of fsuipc (the latest v.) and i use SPAD for the two saitek panels as suggested in various forums. i have two monitors connected to the gt530 which i wanted to use as the "outside view", and one monitor connected to the gt52 for use as the instrument panel. in addition, i have a touchscreen connected via usb display link which i wanted to use as a programable fmc. all of the drivers are updated. here are the issues:1) after installing fsx w/ acceleration on the new machine it would continue to crash "unexpected problem has occured - fsx needs to restart". after reading forums, it appeared to be an UIautomation issue and i followed the suggestions of downloading a vista one and placing it in the fsx folder. it seemed to have worked. then started crashing again and when undocking windows to place onto other screens, when i resize the screen it turns black and unresponsive. the mouse curser starts flickering throughout the flight and the game ventually crashes.2) i uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything, in between restarting the computer and frequently defragging. i am still getting the crashes and the unresponsive windows.again my apologies here - i am new to this as well as all of the different file types. any assistance is greatly appreciated.i have the following add-on's: aerosoft airbus x, twin otter c, ifly 737ng, rex 2.0, fsglobal, my traffic x, pc-12 pilatus, vfr germany

Guest jahman

Please post the CTD logs so we can take a look.Cheers,- jahman,

.... started crashing again and when undocking windows to place onto other screens, when i resize the screen it turns black and unresponsive. the mouse curser starts flickering throughout the flight and the game ventually crashes.
Such problems are usually due to the video driver. The biggest culprit. oddly enough, if the default one which Windows 7 installs for you when it recognises your nVidia video cards. I'd strongly recommend that you go to the nVidia site for the latest official release, or to guru3d.com which hosts a wide range of versions including Betas, and download either the very latest version, or possibly 275.33 (which many folks are sticking with as being good for stability and performance).When installing new drivers, take the option for installing clean -- that makes the installer remove all trace of your previous drivers.If you are using nVidia Inspector to optimise settings for FSX, you'll need to redo it after updating drivers. Best to save the settings and reload them each time -- there are save and load icons on the top menu.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

many thanks for the responses thus far. i will try to copy the ctd files and post and i will also try pete's suggestion re the drivers. again, many thanks and my apologies for introducing a seemingly easy problem for computer literate folks - unfortunately i am not. again thank you. will get back to you soonestpete

I´ve got also Win 7 pro and it´s working perfectly so far. I swear it´s an video driver problem. I´m using the newest 290.53 and I haven´t got any problems over all.

as limited as my knowledge is with altering cfg files, making entries, changing this and that, i absolutely agree with the driver conflicts. seems nothing is easy with all the tech advancements these days, that coupled with my inexperience - i just want to realistically fly. perhaps a new graphics card is in order, but my two, although low end should be able to handle it. as for pete d.'s recommendation, i checked my driver and it is the 285. series. perhaps any other drivers haven't been cleaned out all the way. was trying to avoid starting from scratch.after reinstalling the suggested nvidia driver, my wireless card failed and i needed to reinstall that driver. just before that, and after reinstalling the latest nvidia driver compatible for the two cards, i ran fsx and i didn't get any screens to come, only sound, and the screens themselves then had a 2 cm blue border around them. something is def. conflicting. thanks for everyone's help so far. pete

Guest firehawk44
then started crashing again and when undocking windows to place onto other screens, when i resize the screen it turns black and unresponsive.
Make sure you set up the monitors using the guide at this link - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/work-and-play-better-with-multiple-monitors. When FSX is in full screen mode, you will not be able to undock portions of FSX to another monitor if both monitors are attached to the same video card. You can in Windows mode. The screen won't go black then. I have two monitors connected to my system and can only use one monitor when running FSX in full screen mode. Not sure if that's what you are trying to do or not. It could be a video card driver problem but that is extremely rare for a display driver not to install properly.The uiautomationcore.dll is part of Windows.net. If not properly installed or kept up-to-date, it could cause problems. Some people have had success placing a certain Vista version of uiautomationcore.dll in their main FSX directory and many have not. I assume the faulting module was the uiautomationcore.dll and that's why you assumed you had an issue with this dll. If you also look at your error message(s), you'll probably see that you had an Exception code of 0000005, which indicates you had a memory exception error while FSX/your system was calling up uiautomationcore.dll. This could indicate a bad configuration of your memory in the BIOS. The frequency, the timing, or the voltage could be causing the problem(s). Another possibility is that Microsoft.net is not properly updated (it is installed automatically with Windows 7 but must be kept up-to-date). One of the things this program does for software programs is to manage memory for the program. You should also make sure you have the MS Visuals C++ Redistributables from 2005 to 2010 as these are used by developers for installation of their programs. Most are installed automatically by software from addon commercial developers but it doesn't necessarily include freeware. Looking again at your OP, you have a lot of strange (to me) hardware and programs you are trying to install and I have a feeling some may be incompatible with Windows 7. FSX is compatible with Windows 7 but some hardware may not. You have to look at that. You might want to look in the AVSIM hardware forum and see if people have a similar system and then PM them to see how they got their panels and stuff setup with Windows 7. Why did FSX work well with Windows XP? FSX was made when XP was the main operating system. Vista and Windows 7 came sometime afterwards. Best regards,Jim

many thanks jim. appreciate you taking the time to address my issue. i will read and continue to experiment. a few hours ago, after having some more failures i restored to a previous point, mainly because all of a sudden the wireless network adapter stopped working and it said there was a hardware failure. after reinstalling the driver it worked fine (needed it for my realistic weather settings.) then i flew the ifly 737ng and all worked fine, but i was hesitant to resize the fmc in the second monitor. after a bit of flying i decided to drag the fmc undocked window to my touch screeb monitor. after that ll went blank/black and the mouse icon started to flicker and spin again. no issues during flight per se', but after resizing in a different monitor started again. i am at a loss. i know it seems to be some drivers that conflict but i do not have the "know how" to configure everything correctly. this really blows as i have always been a fan of the ms flight sim series - from fs 2004 - to fs9 - to fsx - as i was always expecting a "fix" to previous issues encountered, thinking that the next version will be better and compatible with the upcoming and current technology. as you said - i do think driver conflicts are at fault - just wished ms fsx folks wpould keep up with the technology as so many folks have spent a lot of $$ on add-ons, hardware, graphics cards to keep up, etc. wished i could take a snap-shot of whatever is going on in my computer and have someone "step by step" correct it or determine the faults. i know - i am preaching. in the mean time - many thanks to all the responses - i will keep "tinkering" and advise. please keep the suggestions coming and again - many thanks to the "so far" contributors" - it all helps - and i learn something. thank you. pete

Guest firehawk44
after that ll went blank/black and the mouse icon started to flicker and spin again.
When it's spinning, that indicates to me it's trying to find something on your system and can't. Have you checked out your Event Viewer to see if there has been an 'event' for whenever you startup FSX. If it can't find something, it usually will show an event occurred. You can also be having a system issue (not FSX) and the event viewer is a good place to go to make sure your system is running okay. If you have any yellow or red icons in the event viewer you need to take care of those issues. I look at my Event Viewer regularly and resolve any issues and maybe that's why I have few problems with FSX. Just a thought and recommendation.Best regards,Jim

thanks for the responses jim and others. as for pete d's recommendation, if the win7 vid driver is the culprit, as i have had more significant crashes after upgrading to a evga gtx560 (2gb ram) and having left the gt520 in the computer as well, i am at a total loss. i even upgraded the power supply and have now reinstalled win7 from scratch and am gradually rebuilding the system to let the updates catch up, etc. no fsx software has yet been installed. i contacted evga and below is their reply:i am a flight sim (fsx) enthusiast. i have recently upgraded from an older comp. to a new asus cm series desktop, 8gb of ram, 1tb hd, and it came with an asus 2gb gt530 video card. fsx used to run fine in win xp. i am a home cockpit builder and need to use multi monitors. a friend gave me a galaxy 520 video card, also with 2 gb of ram, and i thought i was on my way. i realize they are low end cards, but i am not asking much for the cards to do. basically, i want one card to take care of two monitors as an "out of cockpit scenery view", while the second card services only one monitor for the display of instruments. additionally, i have a usb display link adapter connected to a touchscreen which is used as a programmable aircraft component, such as an overhead panel to enable various aircraft switches or the flight management comp - all for realism. first i cannot go into the full screen mode as all 4 monitors begin to flicker, 2d, if i am in the windowed mode and i try to drage the cockpit view over to the second monitor, it only dispays 1/3rd of the seconf and the further i drag the screen, everything else is black. i can drag the overhead panel or instruments over and they seem to work, when i resize them however, they turn black, and the mouse cursor flickers and continues to spin. based on reading forums, all issues tend to point to a conflict with video drivers. based on that i decided to purchase the evga card and still have the issue and no surround feature Your Answer:Pete,In order to get nvidia surround you must first have a motherboard that runs SLI, second you need two graphics cards that have the same GPU and same amount of memory on the graphics card before you can run them properly in SLI. The last thing that you need is three monitors that are exactly the same size and type(surround only supports up to three monitors). Once SLI is activate all three monitors attached then Surround feature becomes available in Nvidia control panel. Are all of your monitors the same size? Please let us know so that we can further assist you.Thank YouEVGA Tech Support ok-thanks for the quick response. the motherboard says its sli and crossfire ready. everything displays fine outside fsx on the 34 monitors and i can move whatever windows to wherever. the problem seems to exist in fsx. forums point toward a conflict with the win7 driver. i finally gave up and reinstalled win7 pro from scratch and am gradually building the system back up. i went to the nvidia website to get the latest driver for the gtx 560 card and when i went to install it after the "accept terms" prompt the installer said that my win version was not compatible. i haven't touched installed anything other then win7, the auto updtaes, the netgear wireless adapter, and the touchscreen driver with the usb display link driver. the two monitors connected to the gtx 560 card are the same size (22", but different models 1 is asus and the other is acer and both run at their max recommended settings). the third which is connected to the gt520 is a 19" view sonic. again, based on the forums, how can the win7 default vid driver be removed - when installing nvidia drivers it says the old drivers are removed, but i still see remnants. additionally, when i run dxdiag, the monitors show up as generic monitors, but in win7 they show up by their model names. something is obviously conflicting. any ideas? and thanks again. petethere you have it - this is driving me nuts - i do appreciate your all's patience and i will keep you posted for any developments in case others have similar problems. thanks again. pete

my apologies for not replying sooner. as an update, i broke down and reformatted my drive. waited a few days for any win7 updates and service packs to show up and install. i then reinstalled fsx and acceleration, in between rebooting the system. continued with the installation of rex 2.0, airbus x, ifly 737 ng, vfr german, fsglobal, and traffic x 2010. additionally, reinstalled the latest version of fsuipc and SPAD for the saitek autopilot and multifunction panels. again, between each software installment rebooting the system. in the past two days i have been flying with no real issues, except that when dragging the fmc over to the touch screen, it takes a long time to show up from a black screen to the fmc display and something i didn't have before in xp is that when touching the screen, the mouse cursor goes to the main screen. (as for the loading of the fmc on the screen perhaps is a resolution issue.) in addition, i cannot undock and drag the "out of cockpit scenery" to span the two monitors running off the gtx 560 card. i'll keep tinkering. on the last flight yesterday, fsx crashed again. i have found the below link and will try that today. i still think there is a conflict and it may have started with rex 2.0 - not sure.petehttp://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&id=18626