Sign in to follow this  
Robert McDonald

When PMDG releases 737NGX SDK - Linda will...?

Hello LINDA Team!Love Linda! Hoping that the impending release of the PMDG 737NGX "SDK" (Software Developers' Kit) will mean some nifty additions for Linda, yes?Hoping for control of all doors via VRInsight Combo II and/or Thrustmaster Warthog Control Surfaces?Hoping the VRInsight 737 Overhead Panel might be a 'new addition' to the array of Linda-supported devices?While we're dreaming, the VRInsight CDU-II support for the PMDG 737NGX.I have already donated to Linda, and like others here, would contribute further if needed to see the PMDG 737NGX implemented across the primary lines of VRInsight hardware (if this is even possible, I don't know?)I for one can't see buying the VRI 737Overhead Panel only for the iFly 737NG. Sorry, but my airplane says PMDG all over it. This is not to 'knock' the IFly. It is simply a statement of my own personal preference. Put another way, since obtaining the PMDG, I don't fly any other aircraft. It's THAT good (in my book).So I'm 'hopeful' that Crumm and company may have some potential good news for those of us with PMDG 737NGX in our hangar?Best wishes,Robert

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Robert,SDK is usualy C-based, and LINDA is based on Lua scripting, so we cannot use NGX SDK directly from LINDA until someone will implement NGX SDK to Lua wrapper. So, the SDK release will mean nothing for LINDA users.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Robert,SDK is usualy C-based, and LINDA is based on Lua scripting, so we cannot use NGX SDK directly from LINDA until someone will implement NGX SDK to Lua wrapper. So, the SDK release will mean nothing for LINDA users.
Hi Artem!Well, such is life! I had high hopes that the SDK would 'open the doors' (literally) and allow you guys to access the CDU/FMC so the NGX crowd could pop open the extra cabin doors and cargo hatches. I am aware from the generous answer to my inquiry on a different thread that in "real life" the cargo doors are operated by ground grew, and the cabin doors are not controlled from the cockpit (but there ARE indicator lights if a door is not sealed). Thus I am continuing my quest for a way to open/close more than just the main front door so I can interface with my GSX (Ground Services X) software from FSDreamteam.Thanks for your answer!LOVE Linda!VRInsight Combo II is en route s/b here in a few more days...Did I mention I love Linda?

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Hi Robert,there is a way:As we have implemented the complete CDU, you could make a script that opens the doors by virtually pressing the CDU keys.Here at GSX forum is an example for the refuling page:http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5729.0Same system for opening/closing doors.Just ensure, you'll always start from the same point, so the "programe" - the sequence of the CDU keypresses is always the same ...I could implement a door open/close section in LINDA, but takes maybe a bit time ... and hopefully I do not forget it!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have implemented now the doors into LINDA NGX module.This will be up with a next version sometime.People who want to insert this into the NGX actions.lua could copy the following code and insert it(best would be before "cokpit prepare")

-- ## Enter CDU pages ###############function NGX_CDU_Fuel ()	NGX_CDU_MENU ()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_5R () -- FS actions	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_1L () -- Fuel	ipc.sleep(10)	DspShow ("CDU", "Fuel")endfunction NGX_CDU_Payload ()	NGX_CDU_MENU ()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_5R ()  -- FS actions	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_2L ()  -- Payload	ipc.sleep(10)	DspShow ("CDU", "Payl")endfunction NGX_CDU_GroundConn ()	NGX_CDU_MENU ()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_5R ()  -- FS actions	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_3L ()  -- Ground connections	ipc.sleep(10)	DspShow ("CDU", "Conn")endfunction NGX_CDU_Doors()	NGX_CDU_MENU ()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_5R ()  -- FS actions	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_4L ()  -- Doors	ipc.sleep(10)	DspShow ("CDU", "Door")endfunction NGX_CDU_Pushback ()	NGX_CDU_MENU ()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_5R ()  -- FS actions	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_5L ()  -- Push	ipc.sleep(10)	DspShow ("CDU", "Conn")end-- ## CDU Doors ###############function NGX_Doors_LeftFWD()	NGX_CDU_Doors()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_1L ()	DspShow ("Left", "FWD")endfunction NGX_Doors_LeftAFT()	NGX_CDU_Doors()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_2L ()	DspShow ("Left", "AFT")endfunction NGX_Doors_LeftWING()	NGX_CDU_Doors()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_3L ()	DspShow ("Left", "WING")end----------------------function NGX_Doors_Airstair()	NGX_CDU_Doors()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_4L ()	DspShow ("Air-", "Str")end----------------function NGX_Doors_RightFWD()	NGX_CDU_Doors()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_1R ()	DspShow ("Rght", "FWD")endfunction NGX_Doors_RightAFT()	NGX_CDU_Doors()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_2R ()	DspShow ("Rght", "AFT")endfunction NGX_Doors_RightWING()	NGX_CDU_Doors()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_3R ()	DspShow ("Rght", "WING")end-----------------function NGX_Doors_CargoFWD()	NGX_CDU_Doors()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_NEXT_PAGE ()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_1L ()	DspShow ("Crgo", "FWD")endfunction NGX_Doors_CargoAFT()	NGX_CDU_Doors()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_NEXT_PAGE ()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_2L ()	DspShow ("Crgo", "AFT")endfunction NGX_Doors_Equip()	NGX_CDU_Doors()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_NEXT_PAGE ()	ipc.sleep(10)	NGX_CDU_LSK_3L ()	DspShow ("Eqip", "Htch")end

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

I have implemented now the doors into LINDA NGX module.This will be up with a next version sometime
:(

Michel Veréb

:(
+1Having LINDA control the NSX doors where we could assign the doors open/close to different buttons on our controllers instead of the virtual CDU would be WONDERFUL! Please, Please, Please!

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg