Sign in to follow this  
haztronic

PMDG MD11 Question

I have a question about the md11 by PMDG. Earlier, I was on approach into Miami from Sau Paulo, on decent, I had all the speeds and altitudes down in the CDU for which I needed to be at the waypoints. For some reason, the plane isn't listening to what I want my speeds to be, I was at 4500 and I had down in the CDU to be at 210kts, for some reason it was staying at around 230kts. And even worse, on final the speed just remained at 202kts, when my app speed was supposed to be 166kts. Can anyone explain this. I did hit the PROF button once so I don't know if that maybe messes the speed up or something or maybe makes the plane maintain the speed you were on when i hit the PROF button...i don't know. So I'm hoping for some help on this one.The flight was a cargo flight.

The feature to run the speeds on the FMS' behalf is the FMS speed one. Did you see the magenta pointers on the speed tape? Those are the values the FMS aims for if that mode is enabled. If it's active, the speed window is blank.It will never aim for too low speeds though, so your config of slats and flaps should allow a speed reduction. Depending on your GW, this may lead to quite high values when compared to other planes of that size.

Edited by CoolP

Yes,I've noticed the PMDG MD11 has higher landing speeds when compared to other aircraft,which apparently is a correct simulation.The flap schedule as indicated on the HSI is quite intuitive and reduces the speeds and prompts arming of spoilers.We have to remember that this NOT a Boeing or an Airbus but is unique.It is one of my most fun aircraft to fly.I've noticed that I cannot use Bowerman airport (ORBX) scenery.It is not in the FMC database.Guess the runway is too short for this baby.Though it will take the PMDG 747-400 or -800,but better give it more flaps and reduce fuel for take off or landing LOLRon

Ron Service

I've noticed that I cannot use Bowerman airport (ORBX) scenery.It is not in the FMC database.Guess the runway is too short for this baby.
A bit off topic though, but it should be there, Ron. I can see it in the 1202 AIRACKHQM 46.971195-123.936556That's at PMDGNavdataairports.DAT. Just open it with a text editor and check, otherwise add it this way. If the filter in the PMDG options allows for small airports to show up (rw length is the limiting factor, so maybe lower it), it should work. But the folks may look like this :( if you come in with the MD-11. Awaiting some screenshots. :(