Sign in to follow this  
Raimo I

FS2004 iFly 737NG cokpit sounds (electrical and pack air)

Hey.I would like to know how can I disable those really annoing two sound sets mentioned above. PMDG has option to disable this stupid electical sounds, but theres none in iFly 737 options. Cant even communicate with ATC beacuse of this crappy loud electrical slurring and pack air whistling. Damn depressive. If anyone can help, please.Thanks.

You could find the sounds in the FS9 sound folder and edit them, as one solution. Bear in mind though that the real 737 has a very noisy flight deck and the sounds are pretty true to life. In the real thing you'd have a headset on to talk to ATC.

I have a headset in FS2004 too, but when my headset is jacked I can also hear those stupid flightdeck whirlings also. When i surf through 737-800 (where -900 souds are taken from), I cant find thise stupid pack air and electricity files.

Think its just a bit easier (and my I say more realistic?), to allocate FS sound to speakers and ATC only to headphones.

Think its just a bit easier (and my I say more realistic?), to allocate FS sound to speakers and ATC only to headphones.
How do you do that??

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

As I use SquawkBox from there I set wave (independant earphones only), for audio input and then only ATC is coming from earphones, everything else from speakers.

Hey.I would like to know how can I disable those really annoing two sound sets mentioned above. PMDG has option to disable this stupid electical sounds, but theres none in iFly 737 options. Cant even communicate with ATC beacuse of this crappy loud electrical slurring and pack air whistling. Damn depressive. If anyone can help, please.Thanks.
"that stupid electrical sounds" scenario indicates that you and hundreds of your passengers are likely going to reach to the destination, safely ... Big%20Grin.gif Edited by Coltrane

And what is your point? If I disable them Im going to crash? Just because they are there in real life doesnt mean that I have to put up with them.

As I use SquawkBox from there I set wave (independant earphones only), for audio input and then only ATC is coming from earphones, everything else from speakers.
Thank you, ill have to try that, it would be nuch better that way as i hate having the engine noise coming out of my headset.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

It sure would be ;)At the moment im looking for a decent soundpack for -800/900, because engines sound awful. Dont know if its my installation or what.

And what is your point? If I disable them Im going to crash? Just because they are there in real life doesnt mean that I have to put up with them.
you get the idea. Just a thought thou, of course you and thousands simmers here have their own preference... (as well as opinions) :)

you get the idea. Just a thought thou, of course you and thousands simmers here have their own preference... (as well as opinions) :)
True that.

It sure would be ;)At the moment im looking for a decent soundpack for -800/900, because engines sound awful. Dont know if its my installation or what.
I think it has to be, I found the iFly soundpack very immersive and impressive. Certainly no NGX, but PMDG has arguably the best "sound guy" in the business! Your posts seem to be referring to it as garbage so I think there has to be something wrong on your end...My .02-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Have you tried asking on the iFly support forums?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Yeah, it wasnt even problem with my installation but problem with my audio settings. As for asking from iFly forums ..... yeah, could give it a shot.