Sign in to follow this  
kehoshi

Multiple xml's in ExcBuilding

So far I have been succesful in removing Windsocks and Taxi signs using ExcBuilder in FS9. My question is:- is it possinle to create multiple xml files eg. ????Taxi.xml, ????windsock.xml and ????Building.xml where only one building is covered by the 'bounding box', not the entire airport, and then combining these xml files into one, and creating a .bgl file from this combined xml. I have the use of XmlSpy, a xml editor but how would I convert this (if succesful) into a bgl

Hello,The short answer is yes. Use notepad to edit the chosen XML file that will contain your final results by adding the relevent portion of the different XML file you wish to merge. Right click - open with - notepad.<?xml version="1.0"?><FSData version = "9.0" xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd" > <ExclusionRectangle latitudeMinimum = "42.6040474348974" latitudeMaximum = "42.6044957370475" longitudeMinimum = "-82.835736275667" longitudeMaximum = "-82.8350762806242" excludeAllObjects = "TRUE" /> <ExclusionRectangle latitudeMinimum = "42.6178528089618" latitudeMaximum = "42.6209152479639" longitudeMinimum = "-82.8457210208971" longitudeMaximum = "-82.8427580216629" excludeAllObjects = "TRUE" /></FSData>and so on until all of your different excludes are included. Save the file - not "save as" after it is saved you can rename the XML to whatever you choose. Drag and drop on BGLComp and if your copy and paste work was accurate you will have your new BGL. Hope this helps.Regards,Mel

So far I have been succesful in removing Windsocks and Taxi signs using ExcBuilder in FS9. My question is:- is it possinle to create multiple xml files eg. ????Taxi.xml, ????windsock.xml and ????Building.xml where only one building is covered by the 'bounding box', not the entire airport, and then combining these xml files into one, and creating a .bgl file from this combined xml. I have the use of XmlSpy, a xml editor but how would I convert this (if succesful) into a bgl
Of course. That would be called ADE9 :) It creates a small exclusion box at every stock object.scott s..

Hi,Note that it is safest to keep a given BGL file limited to one type of exclusions. There are certain combinations that are not honored if they reside in a single BGL file.Hope this helps,

Hi,Note that it is safest to keep a given BGL file limited to one type of exclusions. There are certain combinations that are not honored if they reside in a single BGL file.Hope this helps,
Hi Tom,Thank you for sharing that. I'm not sure whether I have never known that or maybe a forgotten fact? I have not expierenced any issues, . . . so far. But, like a lot of other things in life, just because something seems to work doesn't me it is right or the best method. Thanks againBest regards,MelP.S. To the original poster: I agree with Scott; ADE9X (freeware) is probably the easiest and most sure way to deal with stock scenery items. Add, delete, move, replace, etc

Many thanks to you both for your replies. Unfortunately with me none of them worked. With the xml files maybe I have the wrong format when pasting. With ADE I go to the stock airport EBBR. Select the two generic buildings I want to remove by Left clicking to select the object and from the drop down menu choose 'Delete Object'. Tried to save as FS2004/Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004/Scenery/Eurw/sceneryAP949130.bgl (stock EBBR bgl) but am only allowed to save as an ADE file. Tried compiling this to the same end source (AP949130.bgl), was informed this file existed did I want to overwrite, answered Yes. and the file was apparently saved. Opened ADE once again at the same stock airport but the two buildings had re-appeared. Tried the 'Extend Compile' but with the same result. Any ideas. Please note that I am not a experienced scenery designer, just need all the help I can get.

In ADE9X, once you have completed your modifications to EBBR; on the file drop down and click "save" or "save as" you should see something like - EBBR_ADE9_(your initials) - , navigate to where you intend to save your ADE9X work and save there. Next, in the file drop down select Compile Airport, on the save as box that opens at the bottom in the file name line you should see "EBBR_ADE9_(your initials)" again. Leave that as it is and navigate to your Add on Scenery / Scenery folder and compile the new EBBR to that location. FYI you should never modify or overwrite a stock APxxxxxxx.bgl file. That can cause problems with other airports which are contained in the same file. At this point I would suggest that you may want to recover the entire Eurw / scenery folder from your disk set and completely replace the one you currently have installed in order to make sure any damage is repaired before you do your EBBR modifications. Placeing the EBBR file in the addon scenery/ scenery folder will effectively allow FS9 to use that instead of what is in the stock APxxxxxxx.bgl file. Then if you wish to make further changes open the saved ADE airport from the Open Airport menu make your changes, save and compile.Best regards,MelBTW for deleting quickly, you can simply left click the object you wish to delete and then press the 'delete' key on your keyboard.

Edited by mebull

In ADE9X, once you have completed your modifications to EBBR; on the file drop down and click "save" or "save as" you should see something like - EBBR_ADE9_(your initials) - , navigate to where you intend to save your ADE9X work and save there. Next, in the file drop down select Compile Airport, on the save as box that opens at the bottom in the file name line you should see "EBBR_ADE9_(your initials)" again. Leave that as it is and navigate to your Add on Scenery / Scenery folder and compile the new EBBR to that location. FYI you should never modify or overwrite a stock APxxxxxxx.bgl file. That can cause problems with other airports which are contained in the same file. At this point I would suggest that you may want to recover the entire Eurw / scenery folder from your disk set and completely replace the one you currently have installed in order to make sure any damage is repaired before you do your EBBR modifications. Placeing the EBBR file in the addon scenery/ scenery folder will effectively allow FS9 to use that instead of what is in the stock APxxxxxxx.bgl file. Then if you wish to make further changes open the saved ADE airport from the Open Airport menu make your changes, save and compile.Best regards,MelBTW for deleting quickly, you can simply left click the object you wish to delete and then press the 'delete' key on your keyboard.
I have searched all 4 FS9 disks but cannot find any Eurw/scenery on any of them. Can you give me a clue as to the where abouts ?

I have searched all 4 FS9 disks but cannot find any Eurw/scenery on any of them. Can you give me a clue as to the where abouts ?
Check this out- http://www.cat-tamer...sim/faq001.htmlregards,Joe[edit]look on disc #3 forMSGAME8.CAB[/edit] Edited by N60JBravo

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Don't thank me, thank Jim Robinson, he's responsible for it.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif