Sign in to follow this  
John M.

Problem with shift1 screen in virtual cockpit

When i use the virtual cockpit and press shift 1 I get a similar screen to the 2D screen. However I cannot change the values on the panel eg the altitude or the heading value. The buttons show the usual hand icon when I try to change them but nothing happens on this screem. I notice that the values do end up being changed in the main virtual cockpit but not on the Shif 1 screen. All the other screens accessed with shift 1 appear to work normally.I have installed SP1 but I don't think I have upgraded to SP1b.Is this normal or am I missing something. I suppose an easy work around is to press F10 to get into the normal 2D screen.Can someone confirm whether or not my shift 1 screen experience is normal?Best wishes, John Morgan

John,If you wish to go to 2D cockpit from the virtual cockpit just press shift + "A" key. By using the Shift + 1 you are superimposing a 2D panel on top of the virtual one.RegardsMervyn

Edited by SwervR1

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

You can't use the 2d panels in the VC. Go ahead and press F10. Why do you need the 2d to change AP functions in the VC anyway.

Thanks for the replies.I am trying to get into the 2D panel because until I started with the 737ngx I always found the 2Dscreen (MD11 ) easy to use. I have been t rying to get accustomed to the virtual cockpit but I experience difficulty in, for example, inserting VOR frequencies and various buttons including the autopilot on button,because the radio panel and button is well out of alignment in relation to my eye. I have read the introduction provided by PDMG and use the suggested captain's position which is well to the left. I have started experimenting with the shiftt key + number to change panels but this is not as useful as having everything directly in front of you as in the 2D panel ,I know I couild change my eye position temporarily using the keyboard but this seems fiddly.If you can direct me to a helpful guide on these matters then that would be very helpful,Best wishes, John Morgan

Thanks for the replies.I am trying to get into the 2D panel because until I started with the 737ngx I always found the 2Dscreen (MD11 ) easy to use. I have been t rying to get accustomed to the virtual cockpit but I experience difficulty in, for example, inserting VOR frequencies and various buttons including the autopilot on button,because the radio panel and button is well out of alignment in relation to my eye. I have read the introduction provided by PDMG and use the suggested captain's position which is well to the left. I have started experimenting with the shiftt key + number to change panels but this is not as useful as having everything directly in front of you as in the 2D panel ,I know I couild change my eye position temporarily using the keyboard but this seems fiddly.If you can direct me to a helpful guide on these matters then that would be very helpful,Best wishes, John Morgan
if you hold you space bar and than move your mouse around while zooming in with your mouse as well works for me

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

When I first got the NGX I was using the 2D views for overhead panels and center pedestal. It worked, but it was sort of clunky. I finally got EZDOK and WOW, I don't think I could fly without it now !

Thanks for the further comments.I thought it was my unfamiliarity with the virtual cockpit that was causing my problems. It looks as if what I am experiiencing is normal and has to be worked around in one way or another.I have wondered about EZDOK. What I was not clear about was whether the views were preset and, also, whether it would solve my problem -. it looks as if it would. I will look up the EZDOK web pages,Best wishes, John Morgan