Sign in to follow this  
JerryG

Failed to install

After the downloading, I get this error -Failed to extract CAB C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads\4d5308d2e0000001.cab [Code:0x8007000d]I manually removed the C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\GFWLive folder. I did this so I could do a fresh install. Somehow, the Flight installer still thinks that folder exists and since it can't find the .cab file - it just fails. How do I tell Flight it's not installed? What's the Registry entry?Any clues?

Oh, might have offered some help... if you hadn't deleted that .CAB file!

The CAB file is pretty big - 1.4GB so it may have got corrupted during download.Try clearing out your temp files folders, including all the hidden ones. I am guessing you are on XP; and I don't have that in front of me, and I cannot remember all the temp folders it stashes stuff away in.Clearing out temp, then rebooting can fix installs-gone-bad as they can leave corrupted installation folders in the temp folders, which just causes the problem over and over again, even if you redownload the CAB file.

Oh, might have offered some help... if you hadn't deleted that .CAB file!
Hey I get the same problem and my .cab file is still there. I am running XP. Can you help me?

Extract everything from the cab using winrar/7zip, run setup.exe and use live acces code from game for windows marketplace to register.

Edited by Heaven

Hey I get the same problem and my .cab file is still there. I am running XP. Can you help me?
The CAB file can be opened and extracted to a folder. I use a utility like 7-Zip to do this, it's free. Windows can offer to open it, but I prefer to use 7-Zip. Once the contents of the CAB file are extracted, you navigate to the folder where it was extracted and see the is a Setup.exe file. Double-ckick that to get going. If I recall, there is a standard and custom install. The custom install allows you to set the location for install, which I use, as my gamng software is on a separate HD from the OS.I had loads of problems with the RTM and beta installs after i had upgraded from XP64 to Win7 and those were solved by telling the RTM installer not to make Desktop or Start Menu icons. I added those after the installation completed.

Thanks all!I actually decided to call Microsoft. They walked me though a re-download from the xbox.com site. We did need to manually extract and run Setup. He provided me a product key and I was all set.Still not happy that both the Flight (URL) and Xbox (URL) installers failed during the install.Jerry G.

So it turns out that my .cab file is a huge 0 bytes. I tried deleting it and starting again, but it just reappeared. Any ideas? It definitely downloaded something! I watched it until about 1.2 gig. I did have to leave the computer unattended. Could that be the problem?

The CAB file can be opened and extracted to a folder. I use a utility like 7-Zip to do this, it's free. Windows can offer to open it, but I prefer to use 7-Zip. Once the contents of the CAB file are extracted, you navigate to the folder where it was extracted and see the is a Setup.exe file. Double-ckick that to get going. If I recall, there is a standard and custom install. The custom install allows you to set the location for install, which I use, as my gamng software is on a separate HD from the OS.I had loads of problems with the RTM and beta installs after i had upgraded from XP64 to Win7 and those were solved by telling the RTM installer not to make Desktop or Start Menu icons. I added those after the installation completed.

I had a similar problem. I tried turning off my firewall and that solved it. It failed somewhere in the middle of extracting during two tries, and I didn't remove any folders. The third try was without the firewall and it installed successfully.

Edited by flightluuvr

Ok I will try that tonight. Really want to get this going! Any other help would be really appreciated.