Sign in to follow this  
xfullboost

360 Controller not recognized with Flight

Hello AVSIM!! I just bought FLIGHT last night and I'm loving it!So I try to start Flight today with my wired xbox controller and doesn't control the game anymore. The game recognizes it in the drop down box but when I try to map a button to it, the game doesn't respond. Its clearly not receiving commands from my controller. The controller cannot navigate the menu at all. And when flying, none of the buttons do anything except the left joystick. the left joystick is the only function that seems to have remained.I tried both my wireless and wired controller. restarting, unplugging, and run as admin but to no avail. Same thing for both. Does the same thing with 3 different wireless controllers and the one wired controller.any suggestions to get this gamepad to work again? thanks very much, and thanks AVISM for having a Microsoft flight dedicated forum!

Hello AVSIM!!I just bought FLIGHT last night and I'm loving it!So I try to start Flight today with my wired xbox controller and doesn't control the game anymore. The game recognizes it in the drop down box but when I try to map a button to it, the game doesn't respond. Its clearly not receiving commands from my controller. The controller cannot navigate the menu at all. And when flying, none of the buttons do anything except the left joystick. the left joystick is the only function that seems to have remained.I tried both my wireless and wired controller. restarting, unplugging, and run as admin but to no avail. Same thing for both. Does the same thing with 3 different wireless controllers and the one wired controller.any suggestions to get this gamepad to work again?thanks very much, and thanks AVISM for having a Microsoft flight dedicated forum!
Welcome to AVSIM! Don't know the answer to your question but I hope someone does.Kind regards,

So I try to start Flight today with my wired xbox controller and doesn't control the game anymore
Does that mean it was working before? I have tried running my Logitech F710 controller as an XBox Controller in Flight (it has a swtich on it that effectively converts it to an XBox 360 Controller) and I had no issues re-programming the axes and buttons.The only time I did see what you describe is if I deleted my config file or tried to start a new career - in which case the left joystick was the only thing obviously working.I guess the first thing is to double check in Windows itself that all the functions in the controller are being recognised outside of Flight.You might also want to check that your "standard.xml" file is being properly updated. i am not at my Flight computer at the moment, but it is in one of the folders inside the user/apps/local/microsoft/flight/ folder.

My experience was plug it in and go! Somebody had also mentioned that FLIGHT! had the ability to grab your default FSX key-settings if it detected a working FSX install.I would ask is the Controller working in other games? Also make sure you only have one controller plugged in.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Yes I had it working last night perfectly. This is very strange. The controller responds and functions as normal in other games (Alan Wake was perfect.) It worked randomly just now, but again, randomly the right D-Pad functioned as a POV as well as elevator trim! Trying to change the mapping in this game is strange as nothing really seems to do what I want it to. This is how I got the game to work with a controller. I run the game with a wireless 360 adapter plugged in, wireless controller does not repsond, close the game, plug in wired controller to USB, start the game, wired controller works with the game. plugging the wired controller in first and starting the game does not work. bizarre!

Guest jahman
I just bought FLIGHT last night and I'm loving it!
Ask for a refund. Flight is free.Cheers,- jahman.

Ask for a refund. Flight is free.Cheers,- jahman.
You dont need to be rude.To clarify, I bought the Hawaiian Adventure Pack, P-51D, and Maule. And I'm loving every minute of it.bye bye troll Edited by xfullboost

Someone else has just started a thread here indicating the game is not accepting their controller configurations. I know there is a known issue with brake configurations not working, but perhaps we will just have to hope that Microsoft are reading the forums and can try to isolate the problem.The only thing I can suggest now is to delete your standard.xml file and clear out your config file with respect to the instructions given here:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/364229-tip-for-people-who-want-to-clear-out-their-flightcfg-without-losing-their-career-progress/then unplug your controller, re-boot the machine, plug the controller back in, re-start Flight and try to reconfigure again. If it works a second time, consider making your standard.xml file read-only for the time being, so that may hopefully prevent the loss of configuration settings.