Sign in to follow this  
Xpendable

Impossible Achievements

Wow, there's an achievement for transporting 1,000,000 tons of cargo. Really? Did anybody do the math on that? Let's assume you have the Maule, which is the aircraft available with the most cargo capability at the moment I think. The Maule has a useful load of 1,100 lbs without fuel. Full fuel takes up just over 500 lbs. Let's assume 200 lbs for the pilot. That leaves 400 lbs for cargo. 1 ton = 2000 lbs. 1,000,000 tons of cargo means you would actually have to fly 5,000,000 flights. Wow. Let's say that each flight took 30 minutes. That's 150,000,000 flight minutes. Or 2,500,000 flight hours. That's TWO MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND hours. There isn't a pilot alive that has logged that many hours. How do I know? Even if you flew 24 hours a day, it would take you 104,166.7 days to fly that many hours. Which is... wait for it... 285 years -- if you flew every minute of every day, 24 hours a day. Sooo... what *idiot* designed that achievement? :LMAO: I can only assume that MS plans a DLC aircraft in the future that will have some serious cargo hold capability. Maybe a DC-3 or something bigger? Oh, and just so you know... there is also a 2,000,000 ton achievement. Seriously.

Think future content. . .
I can't... I'm thinking about hamburgers, now...

Wow, there's an achievement for transporting 1,000,000 tons of cargo. Really? Did anybody do the math on that? Let's assume you have the Maule, which is the aircraft available with the most cargo capability at the moment I think. The Maule has a useful load of 1,100 lbs without fuel. Full fuel takes up just over 500 lbs. Let's assume 200 lbs for the pilot. That leaves 400 lbs for cargo. 1 ton = 2000 lbs. 1,000,000 tons of cargo means you would actually have to fly 5,000,000 flights. Wow. Let's say that each flight took 30 minutes. That's 150,000,000 flight minutes. Or 2,500,000 flight hours. That's TWO MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND hours. There isn't a pilot alive that has logged that many hours. How do I know? Even if you flew 24 hours a day, it would take you 104,166.7 days to fly that many hours. Which is... wait for it... 285 years -- if you flew every minute of every day, 24 hours a day. Sooo... what *idiot* designed that achievement? :LMAO: I can only assume that MS plans a DLC aircraft in the future that will have some serious cargo hold capability. Maybe a DC-3 or something bigger? Oh, and just so you know... there is also a 2,000,000 ton achievement. Seriously.
You allready posted this in another thread, why post it again.

You even said yourself that MS must be planning on offering at least one plane that will make hauling 1M tons of cargo achievable. I agree as I'd think any reasonable person would - we're getting bigger and faster planes sometime soon - that's exciting, but, at least to me, not really 'hilarious'.

Then again, the chicken cargo challenge has you breaking FAA rules for being well over gross weight and also without having the minimum FAA required 30 minutes of extra fuel.

That is NOT an achievement. That's an award. Not nitpicking - these are two different things in Flight. Of achievements there are only 32 and those who play the Xbox regularly collect them. The awards are there just within flight sort of like the same thing in FSX - these are more like milestones.Alex