Sign in to follow this  
Alec

A concept I find interesting

PMDG has innovated by doing the 737NGX increase wear of it's components like a real aircraft would after increasing flight hours past the last "Check" . The problem is I never experienced any malfunction due to increase usage, or anything like that. The main issue being that I don't fly that much, I'm one of those guys who spend 10 times more reading the forums, checking new addons, tuning the sim, planning the flight than actually flying the aircraft, so I must have less than 50 hours flown in my PMDG.The idea I had was to make like the 737 didn't stop doing it's flights after I landed the aircraft and closed the sim, it would still log hours, and when I got to fly it the next day it would be possible to have issues that didn't exist from my last flight. It would be like in real life, that pilots get multiple aircrafts during his week, or month. Some have new engines, some have older engines, some work better with something, some worse. You have to adapt to that constant shift in conditions, and that would make us all better pilots I think. In the future, it would be able for PMDG to make aircrafts have newer and older engines on the same aircraft, so we could see some serious difference in fuel burn, etc, that could change the way we plan things.It's just my idea, I think many are going to reject it, since they want to be there with the plane when every little thing happen to it, but I know that's not how it works in RF, and when you get on a plane, the first thing you do is check the maintenance log to see what's working and what isn't.

Alexis Mefano

With the SDK, it may be possible for a 3rd party developer to make a program that simulates this very thing. We'll have to see what the SDK entails.

Noah Bryant

I would recommend you set up random failures. I find that rate of 2 events per 10 hours works best for me,

I think a lot of simmers vastly overestimate how often failures actually occur in real life on modern aircraft. A lot of pilots can go an entire career without seeing anything super serious like an engine failure.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan,I am definitely aware that it is not realistic. It's just that "fun factor" is higher, especially in an airplane modelled as well as the NGX, when I expect the failures to happen. Although I have not had any serious failures in the NGX yet, it is fun to figure out why has a NO AUTOLAND message appeared mid-cruise, and take corrective action.