Sign in to follow this  
phmcr

airline assigned parking

Hi,It took me a while to understand why ATC always directed my NGX to a remote parking place while my airine should have its assigned places at a specific airport.Well, the answer is simple; because the airline code is not in the aircraft.cfg file in the PMDG 737XXX directory.After the livery manager has installed your livery, open the aircraft.cfg file in the specific 737-XXX file. You will see registration of the new livery with all its necessary information, but in that overview you will miss: atc_parking_codes=YYY, where YYY is the three digit code of your airline.If you add that to the listing and put in the airline code next time ATC will direct you to your assigned spot.Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Thanks for that.I'd seen those lines when manually adding liveries and traffic but ignored them to make sure everything showed up in the sim. Now that I saw this post I have to also add a few things1) Whenever I went to airports I knew in Real life then compared them to FSX, I wondered how the gate assignments were so wrong in FSX. Thanks to this post, I've done a few AI parking tweaks using your tip. Too bad the program is 6 years old as we could sure use a nice program to go into each aircraft config and add the atc_parking_codes=XXX lines. (As well as parking types) The process to modify AI traffic takes a while, even with using Control F, once you get to the aircraft.cfg file.2) Speaking of which, you can also try to specify the types of places you may get assigned. "atc_parking_types=XXX" I believe can be assigned GATE, RAMP, CARGO and MIL_CARGO. When I was poking throw the PMDG parking types I saw you can ave both GATE, RAMP as a valid entry. Same with CARGO, MIL CARGO3) Get the latest AFCAD files you can get. Most of the traffic/AFCAD files I have are from 2008 and earlier. I'd rather fly then mess with those files, but I'm pretty sure if you (or someone) took the time to do update the old AFCADs, you'd see your familiar airports reflecting what is hppening now (as opposed to 2008 or before!)

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Hi Cory,Actually it is quite simple to add the parking codes line; you can open each aircraft.cfg with Notepad and just copy/paste the line, changing the XXX into your airline´s code. Just go to the PMDG aircraft directory, open the specific 737 directory and you will see the aircraft.cfg.If the AFCAD you are using for the airport is correctly coded for the parking spots, the plane will now be assigned the right parking spot. If not you can use Airport Design Editor to adjust this.The parking type is already in the PMDG adjustment that comes with the livery so you do not have to add that.Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5