Sign in to follow this  
albx

Saitek rudder pedals toe brakes solution

Well, I see many posts about it, and I think the most simple solution for those pedals is to open the Saitek profiler, go to Programming, move the mouse arrow over left toe, a small arrow will appear, click on it, a pop up menu will appear, then choose bands, then click on the band 33%-66%, press the key z on your keyboard (this is the default key assigned to the left brake, if you changed it then press the key you assigned at the command "left brake"), do the same with the band 66%-100%. Repeat the same for the right toe (of course choosing the key for right brake "C" for default), save your profile and assign it to your pedals by clicking the small icon (I suppose you know how to do it). Now you'll have your toe brakes working in flight. Hope this helps somebody....Albertoops... the title is wrong, should be brakes and not breaks :LMAO:edit:uploaded the profile settings here : http://www.mediafire.com/?vie3v8ikfapf13n

Edited by albx

Thanks for the tip, I'll work on it.

Thanks very much! I implemented your tip (bought the Saitek rudder controller yesterday), and now the toe brakes work very well. Of course, I have to fix the toe-brake settings in Flight everytime Flight is launched.

Of course, I have to fix the toe-brake settings in Flight everytime Flight is launched.
Ya... that's the thing I don't like.Thanks Alberto! I started to look at the profiler, but didn't bother to do anything with it. But, now that you have done the work for me (LOL) I'll use it! Thanks again!

Ya... that's the thing I don't like.Thanks Alberto! I started to look at the profiler, but didn't bother to do anything with it. But, now that you have done the work for me (LOL) I'll use it! Thanks again!
you are welcome :smile: I'm glad it helps... Edited by albx

This should be a sticky guys!!! Please... it does work very well!

Edited by Murray_CHYZ

I can not get this to work, I have *either* the left or the right brake. If I stomp on the left toe brake, that brake is applied, if I then stomp on the right one while HOLDING the left one, the left brake is released.

Of course, I have to fix the toe-brake settings in Flight everytime Flight is launched.
What are the settings you are using for the brakes in-game? I guess this is what I am doing wrong. Edited by nbz

Hmm, I haven't seen that. As far as I know, there are no real settings other than the left and right toe assignments.

I can not get this to work, I have *either* the left or the right brake. If I stomp on the left toe brake, that brake is applied, if I then stomp on the right one while HOLDING the left one, the left brake is released.What are the settings you are using for the brakes in-game? I guess this is what I am doing wrong.
There are no settings in Flight other than assigning the toe brakes under the Aircraft Control settings. Also, you may have to do this everytime you start Flight (some of us do).

Once you have them working correctly, copy the standard.xml file to a backup location, then write a small batch (.bat) file that will 1) copy the backup copy to standard.xml file, and 2) launch Flight.exe...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks guys. Still don't have them working together, despite doing enough things right to have each of them working.I won't bother with it, this problem will be patched by MS anyway.EDIT: rereading this, it sounds as if the "thanks" was meant ironic. That is not the case.

Edited by nbz

Once you have them working correctly, copy the standard.xml file to a backup location, then write a small batch (.bat) file that will 1) copy the backup copy to standard.xml file, and 2) launch Flight.exe...
Flight removes the toe brake assignment on "starup", not "shutdown". So, the file from the batch would be over written Bill.

Flight removes the toe brake assignment on "starup", not "shutdown". So, the file from the batch would be over written Bill.
Oops! You are correct. Flight "sees" what it considers an 'error' in the file so grabs the backup copy instead... Now, if I could just remember where the backup copy is kept... :acute:

Fr. Bill    

Oops! You are correct. Flight "sees" what it considers an 'error' in the file so grabs the backup copy instead... Now, if I could just remember where the backup copy is kept... :acute:
Agree with both of you, but the file is overwritten only if you add the repeat 32.0000 line to the pedal axes. (That is when/where the error is triggered, and the file is messed up)If you don’t add such line to the axes, then the file is written when Flight closes, on "shutdown". That is why the batch file works with the tweaked xml file, keeping all other tweaks. Edited by Kabronicus

Agree with both of you, but the file is overwritten only if you add the repeat 32.0000 line to the pedal axes. (That is when/where the error is triggered, and the file is messed up)If you don’t add such line to the axes, then the file is written when Flight closes, on "shutdown". That is why the batch file works with the tweaked xml file, keeping all other tweaks.
Absolutely correct, which was my reason for suggestion a batch file to begin with. I got temporarily sidetrack into chasing the wrong rabbit when challenged, and my original trail of logic got lost in the fog...Thanks for picking the trail back up properly. All's good now.

Fr. Bill