Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAdlai

SIDS/STARS in the FMC

Good Evening, I don't have RC4, but it's on my list of "to get when I can use FSX" list. I'm wondering how the SID/STAR system works. Since I never put a SID or STAR into my FP, but always use the FMC, I'm wondering how this will work. Will ATC, as long as I'm in that 30nmi limit, let me fly the SID that's not part of the FP entered, or wil they tell me I'm off course? Thanks for responding,

In RC the are departure options on the Controller Page consisting of either No Alt. Restrictions, Alt. Restrictions, and No Departure Procedure. The first two allow you to navigate on your own to the first waypoint outside of 30 nm. If the first waypoint in the .pln file is within 30 nm it will be considered that you are navigating a SID on your own and No Departure Procedures 9wehich means RC provides vectors) will not be available.That first waypoint in the .pln must be in sync with the same waypoint on your legs page as must be the rest of the SID.You might be interested in looking at the .pdf instruction manual which includes tutorials with download links here:http://www.jdtllc.co...cumentation.htmSTARs are handled similarly. If runway specific the common points will be in your .pln file and when approach assigns a runway and you ack it at about 40 nm out once the first vector is issued you can request an IAP and navigate to the runway intercept or extended centerline using the FMC. You can then enter the rest of the approach on your FMC to do this.In addition for departure and arrival there is a NOTAMS option where RC becomes advisory within those limits and monitoring you is much looser.I se FSBuild for planning and I am attaching a document on how I use it with RC which in part includes those situations.

Thanks for the response, and I'm glad I can fly my SID/STAR procedures. Since I know RC4 doesn't know the various SIDS/STARS, how does it give clearance? From what I've read of the manual, it's just a generic "FedEx 213, cleared to Memphis as filed. Climb and maintain FL120, or requested from controller. Fly heading 060, proceed on course. Departure is 123.450. Squawk 4415." They don't even seem to mention a SID at all. How does it work? Or did I just miss something important in the manual? Thanks for help,

RC4 does not give in its clearance the name of the SID nor on arrival the STAR. RC does not use voice synthesis but has human recorded phrases in several accents that are combined for the functions needed. Many airline callsigns and aircraft manufacturers have been recorded circa roughly 2003 if I recall.It is not easy to add voice phrases. The procedure is outlined in the manual. The number of voices and phrases for each voice would make fore a lot of recording and would not match probably your existing voices in playback.