Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Where's Aloha Stadium?

First rivit counters, now building counters! :LMAO:

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

The beach next to Dillingham is Mokuleia. A very popular spot in the 70's and 80's for beach parties with bands that would bring generators and big tents, set them up and party virtually all night. Some memorable times...
Yeah, that was my favorite beach when I lived on Oahu. It's so nice to have a beautiful beach all to yourself, at least during the middle of the week... look right and see another couple of people a few hundred yards away, look left, and nobody in sight.

Ala Moana Shopping Center not there. One of the highest $/SF centers in the entire world. Kam drive in (famous for its swap meets), Haiku stairs and microwave dish (just above where the H-3 freeway emerges on the Kaneohe side of the Koolaus), Sea Life Park (near Makapuu), all would be nice but don't appear to be there. No biggie for me, though. Love the sim (oops, I mean "game").Makapuu and Sandy Beaches look accurate to my eyes. Sand Island looks good. Even Salt Lake, which used to be an actual big lake until the mid 70's, when they decided to turn it into a big golf course. Loved it when it was an actual lake. Now it's just another golf course.
Yep, almost brought tears to my eyes to fly over those two beaches - I used to do quite a bit of surfing there. I really didn't expect Kam Drive In, although that would have been cool cause I lived just behind the Pearlridge Mall.Haven't had much time to tour the whole island, so I'll be interested to hear more about what is or isn't there.

Newbie, I loved Makapuu and Sandy when I lived there. Got pretty good at body surfing. One time I started getting pulled out away from Makapuu but managed to figure out a way to finally get back in. Talk about exhausted and scared. :)During the 70's it was great fun to watch the hang gliders flying around above Makapuu. They'd fly around and then glide down to land near the restroom pavilion.

isn't one of the aerocaches for the Aloha Bowl? I'll have to take another look.Hale Koa was the first thing I looked for in that area - spent many an hour at the pool bar!

Ah yes, Fort DeRussy. They had a couple of pontoon rafts you could swim out to...a favorite beach for us military brats.

Hale Koa was the first thing I looked for in that area - spent many an hour at the pool bar!
I've got a lifetime supply of backscratchers earned at the Barefoot Bar. :blink: