Sign in to follow this  
raffer

Can I ask again, please ?

I asked the following questions a short time ago but as I have not been able to resolve them I am taking the liberty of asking again in the hope I am get a better result.I have installed the new MS Flight but when I try to open the game I get an error that"Games for Windows - Live failed to initialize. Another Windows - Live game may runningor the product may be corrupted. (80070005)I don`t have another w-live game running and I have uninstalled, downloaded and reinstalled4 times with the same error.I have also tried to open Microsoft Games for Windows Marketplace and here again I get an errorTroubleshootA required Windows component is disabled on your machine.Do you want to learn how to fix this problemWhen I click on Yes I get a Browser page open at X-Box Live with the messageThat shouldn`t have happened. It appears you`ve found a glitchbut no help or advice.I have tried all the known Forums without success - does anyone here have some ideas??I have also got hold of an old PC running XP with a very slowish CPU. Flight installed OK and although it says the PC is much lower than its requirements the game runs - just about for me to see what I am missingMany thanksGeorge

Sounds to me like something is really screwed in your installation,apparently in the GFWL install, or both it and Flight.It also sounds like you have tried completely uninstalling Flight, and the Windows Live component as well. When you uninstalled Flight, did you just delete it from the GFWL screen? You should remove it through uninstall programs in Windows, and then delete the appropriate folders the appdata directory. You can take a look in the tutorials section of Avsim, under MS Flight early tweaks, for details on how to completely uninstall Flight.I would suggest also, sending all the above details you mentioned to:msflight@microsoft.comDon't know how quick they are to responding to a request such as this, but if anyone knows the fix for something like this I am sure one of them do...I can relate - when I first installed Flight, and then the DLC content, it ended up putting my dlc on my C drive, rather than the drive I wanted it on - where I have Flight. I tried deleting the dlc, and played heck with getting it redownloaded and reinstalled - took me half a day of trying different things and ideas from others before I finally got it - and have no idea really what exactly I did that resolved it.Best of luck, I hope you get this one figured out soon!

Hi: I couldn’t find error number 80070005 over at the beta site.What version of windows are you using?What country are you at, what are your language and locale settings?Does the error trigger an error event?Look for it on Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> ApplicationDoes the error generate an “Error Report”?Look for it by typing “View all Problem Reports” (w/o quotations) on the Start Menu, open the applet and search for GFWL or Flight Application problem reports.If you find any, copy and paste that info here, and Ill relay it to the Beta site.You problem seems to be a corrupted GFWL Marketplace Client installation, not a Flight issue.You, can try to completely uninstall the GFWL Marketplace Client -> Reboot and do a fresh new install.I didn't see Don's answer before posting mine, he has good points.

Hi: I couldn’t find error number 80070005 over at the beta site.What version of windows are you using?What country are you at, what are your language and locale settings?Does the error trigger an error event?Look for it on Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> ApplicationDoes the error generate an “Error Report”?Look for it by typing “View all Problem Reports” (w/o quotations) on the Start Menu, open the applet and search for GFWL or Flight Application problem reports.If you find any, copy and paste that info here, and Ill relay it to the Beta site.You problem seems to be a corrupted GFWL Marketplace Client installation, not a Flight issue.You, can try to completely uninstall the GFWL Marketplace Client -> Reboot and do a fresh new install.I didn't see Don's answer before posting mine, he has good points.
I am using W7-64bitI am resident in the UK - speaking EnglishNo error events, just the small screen with the error message as shewn aboveI have uninstalled and reinstalled GFWL Marketplace client.I`m writing the ms as per Dons suggestionThansk to both you Guys for you helpGeorge

Hey excellent points there yourself Ramon, the more that share the better chance of one resolving an issue! Who knows someone else might come along with an idea that works - I just hope the guy can get it running and start enjoying it soon.

Ok, here are 3 suggestions from the beta sitetry number 3 first, apparently it has the solution:1.

From the Flight Team here,One of the reasons we are seeing this issue is when the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant or the Windows Live Essentails is not working properly. Because GFWL uses the Windows Live ID for your sign-in credentials it relies on this system but if it can't get the system to work properly it will fail to initialize.Please try the following:Go to Add/Remove Programs and verify that you either see:- Windows Live Essentails 2011or - Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5Uninstall those if you see them thereWindows XP SP3 users download the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5 from this link:http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=15106Windows Vista & Win 7 users can download the Sign-in Assistant 6.5 from the link above or we also recomend trying to install one of the Windows Live Essentials programs from the following link (the updated Sign-in Assistant comes with any one you install):http://explore.live....-other-programsIf that does not seem to fix your issue please try the following to verify if it is a GFWL initialization issue or a Flight specific issue:Download the free game Tinker from the following webpage 'Click buy for PC' (it is a free game and there is no charge)http://marketplace.x...15-d804584109ebFollow the instructions where it will have you open up the GFWL Marketplace Client to finish the install of the gameOpen up TinkerPress the HOME key to open the GFWL guideTry to Sign-in to your Xbox LIVE / GFWL accountIf you can successfully sign-in with Tinker then GFWL should be working properly on your machine and there is an issue with the version of Flight being installed on your hard drive that we can look into furthur on this thread.
From the Flight Team"A required Windows Component is disabled on your machine." almost always means that the Windows Live ID Sign-in assistant is not running on your machine.My steps that I outlined above should have helped get the WLID assistant installed and running on your machine. Because you are running Windows 7 Home premium, go ahead and uninstall the Windows Live Essentials or Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5 (if you see either) in your add / remove programs. Then re-download and install one of the Windows LIVE Essentials applications from this link again (even if you have already tried this, just want to get us to a clean state) http://explore.live....-other-programsIf it still doesn't work then I want you to try the following:Go to Start->All Programs->AccessoriesRight click on 'Command Prompt'Select 'Run As Admin'type the following into the command window: net stop wlidsvcyou should see something that says the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant is stopping and then 'was stopped successfully'if you saw instead something that says 'unknown service' or 'service is not started' then either the service is not properly installed or starting automatically when you log into Windowstry typing the following now to turn the service back on: net start wlidsvcDoes it say that it started up properly or does it still say there is an error? Does the game work now?If the game doesn't work run the net stop wlidsvc command again and see if it says that the service isn't running again. If the service isn't running again then it is failing to start or stay 'alive' for some reason. You might want to do a search how to resolve wlidsvc issues.
alirolleston wrote:FIX:the following worked for me, from this knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941208Step 1: Rename the Catroot2 folderRename the Catroot2 folder, and then try to start the program again.Important Make sure that you do not rename the Catroot folder. Windows automatically re-creates the Catroot2 folder after you rename it. However, Windows does not re-create the Catroot folder if you rename it.To rename the Catroot2 folder, follow these steps:Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and select run as administrator then click OK.At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:net stop cryptsvcAt the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:ren %windir%system32catroot2 catroot2_renamedAt the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:net start cryptsvc
Hope one of theese works.Don, thanks, just trying to help.

I had that also on my son's rig when i tried to launch flight. For me the fix was run the troubleshooter on his network connections. Turns out i had a Wifi card in that rig that i was no longer using and it was conflicting with the network. Probably a different issue for me than you, but might provide a clue.

I had that also on my son's rig when i tried to launch flight. For me the fix was run the troubleshooter on his network connections. Turns out i had a Wifi card in that rig that i was no longer using and it was conflicting with the network. Probably a different issue for me than you, but might provide a clue.
Somehow your post reminded me of another probable solution I read over at the beta and probably here: The Internet Router can cause havoc, last place you usually look, but It has been pointed that some brands-models are not compatible with Games for Windows.

Tried all 3 of your suggestions Ramon and although they ran ok the game still doesn`t start.I think the possibility of the Router being the cause is certainly worth looking at once I can locatethe information. If it is the prob I`ll report backThanks to al;l of you for your continued helpRegardsGeorge