Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

My FS2CREW Issues

1) Ok, for p/s to save the nose wheel stearing. Eng and Elec A PUMPS should be turned off prior to push back. This is not simulated in FS2Crew but in real life, this is one of the easiest ways to break boeing aircraft.2) most airlines use gpu until just before p/s, I have printed out the captain pilot flying and it is not as detailed as previous versions. I think that this needs to be more thourough, for example, when starting the apu for engine start from gpu needs to be tweaked. I have ended up starting the apu manually and bleeds on [as in manual] but after engine start [ground crew disconnect] the f.o. doesn't do his flows, and I have followed the pilot flying to the book.3) the 'mouse clicking' after each sound (pilot UK set tested) it is very obvious to me, even though in the other thread people are straining their volume controls.4) Doors, With AES the rear left doors are opened, but FS2crew only opens 1L, can this be changed?Thats it for now, otherwise a superb add onAlex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

1) Ok, for p/s to save the nose wheel stearing. Eng and Elec A PUMPS should be turned off prior to push back. This is not simulated in FS2Crew but in real life, this is one of the easiest ways to break boeing aircraft.2) most airlines use gpu until just before p/s, I have printed out the captain pilot flying and it is not as detailed as previous versions. I think that this needs to be more thourough, for example, when starting the apu for engine start from gpu needs to be tweaked. I have ended up starting the apu manually and bleeds on [as in manual] but after engine start [ground crew disconnect] the f.o. doesn't do his flows, and I have followed the pilot flying to the book.3) the 'mouse clicking' after each sound (pilot UK set tested) it is very obvious to me, even though in the other thread people are straining their volume controls.4) Doors, With AES the rear left doors are opened, but FS2crew only opens 1L, can this be changed?Thats it for now, otherwise a superb add onAlex
Hi Alex,1) This procedure it ONLY required it the steering bypass/lockout pin is NOT installed. Normal procedure is to pushback with the nose wheel steering bypass pin installed and the A hydraulic pumps ON2) When using the GPU/EXT AIR initially you arfe supposed to start the APU manually and the GPU/AC-AS will automatically change to APU, Tge F/O only does part of his flows at first, he requires you to call out "flaps___ before continuing his flows after pushback.3) Brian said he'll look into it for SP14) Something easilly missed by me because i dont have AES, but I'll discuss it with bryan

Damien, thank you very much for your response!1) Ok, Looks like Ryanair don't do this then! :P2) I have checked it changes, but if you try and start engine 2, and there is a config error, you have to start manually [because then eng no.2 start doesn't work], and I think that messes up the engine flow after start. do you have to say 'good starts?' [not in the captain flows]3) Super duper! [i know these were recorded in a quiet bedroom, some ambient background noise as if you were in an aircraft would be cool [quiet though]4) Cheers m8, should be an easy one.Alex

Alex Ridge

1. Remember there are a million ways to skin a cat. Ryan air may do it one way, but Boeing SOPs or another airline may do it completely differently. Besides, the start crew says "Bypass pin inserted", so you're not going to bust the nose wheel off... 2. Not sure I follow... what kind of config error are we talking about.3. Regarding this "click" sound you're hearing in the UK voice set, can you give me a specific sound that has it... just describe it so I can identify it.I'm looking at the Brit voice set new in my audio program... I don't hear a 'click' in the in original sound file, not do I see anything in the wav "graph" in my audio program that shows a click sound..... no spike in the graph. 4. Regarding the back door... I can easily open, but from experience is rarely opened... usually it's only the front left door that's opened. So it'd look a bit silly if you're parked at a gate and the rear left door is open.Cheers,

Damien, thank you very much for your response!1) Ok, Looks like Ryanair don't do this then! :P2) I have checked it changes, but if you try and start engine 2, and there is a config error, you have to start manually [because then eng no.2 start doesn't work], and I think that messes up the engine flow after start. do you have to say 'good starts?' [not in the captain flows]3) Super duper! [i know these were recorded in a quiet bedroom, some ambient background noise as if you were in an aircraft would be cool [quiet though]4) Cheers m8, should be an easy one.Alex
If youstart the apu at the gate the engines are started during pushback, when the ground crew clears you to start the engines you have to announce the start sequence. "start sequence is 2 then one" or "start sequence is 1 then 2".after pushback is completed, when the ground crew instructs you to set the brakes "brakes set " is your reply then you say "you are cleared to disconnect and go to hand signals" you have to wait for the F/O to complete the first part of his flow then say "Flaps_____" and he sets the flaps and does the other stuff in his flow.

1. Remember there are a million ways to skin a cat. Ryan air may do it one way, but Boeing SOPs or another airline may do it completely differently. Besides, the start crew says "Bypass pin inserted", so you're not going to bust the nose wheel off...2. Not sure I follow... what kind of config error are we talking about.3. Regarding this "click" sound you're hearing in the UK voice set, can you give me a specific sound that has it... just describe it so I can identify it.I'm looking at the Brit voice set new in my audio program... I don't hear a 'click' in the in original sound file, not do I see anything in the wav "graph" in my audio program that shows a click sound..... no spike in the graph. 4. Regarding the back door... I can easily open, but from experience is rarely opened... usually it's only the front left door that's opened. So it'd look a bit silly if you're parked at a gate and the rear left door is open.Cheers,
2) I'll see if I can replicate, if I have problems will report here3) It is nearly on every single file with the UK sound set. It also become a little unrealistic where some transmitions are recorded in different places it seems like, so there is a lot of variation in the sound quality.The mouse click from the captain, is on the majority of files.Thanks again guys, should be very proud of your software, fantastic as ever

Alex Ridge

Hi Alex,Here's the UK Captain's "Approach Checklist" recording in graph format.I don't see any clicks in graph... they're using represented by large spikes...Does it happen with other voice sets? or just UK?... It could be a hardware/speaker/headset issue.click1.JPG

Hi Alex,Here's the UK Captain's "Approach Checklist" recording in graph format.I don't see any clicks in graph... they're using represented by large spikes...Does it happen with other voice sets? or just UK?... It could be a hardware/speaker/headset issue.click1.JPG
I seriously doubt, others can help me out.In the simulator mute the fs [Q] and hear it. It is obvious to me [listen to the arrival brief. clicks after a lot of entries at the beginning and 'approach brief complete [CLICK]Alex

Alex Ridge