Sign in to follow this  
TexasGary

Two Problems

After I installed FS2Crew for the 737NGX, I successfully completed a few flights. The only issue I had was a minor one with the engine start levers. Even though the levers are always in the correct position (cutoff), when I run the preflight checklist and respond that the levers are in cutoff the FO always said "Are you sure?"Now I have another more significant problem. I can progress thru a flight with no problems, until I reach the point of contacting the ground crew for pushback. At this point, "S. Crew/Eng Start" is displayed in the status window and I have the service interphone and audio control panel properly configured per the manual. When I say "Cockpit to Ground" those words show in the green display, but instead of the ground crew I get the FO saying "Flaps Up." At this point it doesnt matter what I say, the only response is the FO saying "Flaps Up" over and over.This problem has effectively ended my enjoyment of FS2Crew for the 737NGX. I noticed a few others were having a similar problem, hopefully Bryan can figure this one out.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

After I installed FS2Crew for the 737NGX, I successfully completed a few flights. The only issue I had was a minor one with the engine start levers. Even though the levers are always in the correct position (cutoff), when I run the preflight checklist and respond that the levers are in cutoff the FO always said "Are you sure?"Now I have another more significant problem. I can progress thru a flight with no problems, until I reach the point of contacting the ground crew for pushback. At this point, "S. Crew/Eng Start" is displayed in the status window and I have the service interphone and audio control panel properly configured per the manual. When I say "Cockpit to Ground" those words show in the green display, but instead of the ground crew I get the FO saying "Flaps Up." At this point it doesnt matter what I say, the only response is the FO saying "Flaps Up" over and over.This problem has effectively ended my enjoyment of FS2Crew for the 737NGX. I noticed a few others were having a similar problem, hopefully Bryan can figure this one out.
Have a look at this thread Gary: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/365748-contacting-ground-cew/

Hi Gary:Flaps Up Loop: The problem is identified and will be fixed. Immediate solution: Do "not" enter 121.65 in Comm Radio 1 or 2. Change the Frequency.That's what's trigger it it seems.Start Crew: See Damien's link. You're probably not using the "Captain's Audio Control Panel".Cheers,

Thanks guys. I will try the comm radio freq fix and report back. I have been using the "Short" panel state, and I noticed at least one other user with the FO "flaps up" problem said they were also usinig the "Short" panel state. You said this version was designed with the "Long" panel state, so I think I will also switch to that.As for the contacting the ground crew problem, I am pretty sure that I have it configued properly (it worked on a few previous flights). I think this is tied to the FO "flaps up" problem. Thanks again for your help.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Flaps Up loop is purely associated with having that frequency dialed in Comm 1 or Comm 2.... that's why only a few people had it because most people won't go to that frequency.I'm 99.9 percent sure your Start Crew problem is associated not using the Captain's Audio Control Panel.I updated the manual to make it super clear that the Capt's ACP is the one to use... there was some ambiguity before.Cheers,