Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

New MENUS.DLL Error

Hi,I'm trying to run a flight from KJFK to KFLL (PMDG 737-800) via the following route: (KJFK WAVEY EMJAY J174 WARNN J174 SWL CEBEE WETRO ILM AR21 CRANS FATHR TOOMR JALOP MOSIE FISEL KFLL).After approaching/passing AR21, P3D crashes with the following menus.dll error message:APPCRASHPREPAR3D1.2.3253.04e792a40MENUS.DLL0.0.0.04e792db1c0000005000024796.1.7601.2.1.0.256.481033This is 100% repeatable, any ideas on how to find/correct the problem?. I also left a message on P3D's online forum.Thanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Mike,You are not alone I'm getting a similar thing after installing the new PMDG update. Sometimes the reason for the CTD is different but mostly menus. I'm wondering if its the update?IM2

• P3D changed the Menu system,(because of a bug in the original Microsoft Menu library, when it was used with Windows 7) from that of FSX, and it has created a number of differences and issues, that, (to me). have not yet all been fully resolved.

Since PMDG has made it well known hat they are so smart, that they can program their planes OUTSIDE of the FSX SDK Box, it is hardly surprising, that some features in PMDG planes may stop working in anything but standard FSX. (ie break in P3D, as P3D evolves).Maybe from a Business point of view, PMDG would consider that a FEATURE, as it would tend to stop the Commercial use of the CONSUMER LICESNSED 737NGX, in the P3D environment.Also, from what I have read, it would seem that PMDG does not support their Products in the P3D environment, and may even be coding their 737NGX to intentionally not function in P3D.Who knows, except maybe PMDG .. Try asking them ... Good Luck.

You're on the money there FSMP well said.I'm a little disappointed PMDG went down that road, maybe in the future they will smoke the pipe together. So far this is a tragedy for both sides and us as the victims.IM2

You're on the money there FSMP well said.I'm a little disappointed PMDG went down that road, maybe in the future they will smoke the pipe together. So far this is a tragedy for both sides and us as the victims.IM2
I am not sure that the pipe smoking part is a good idea .. You know where the smoke will be blown !! :(