Sign in to follow this  
zecabaleiro

Baro default mode hPa

Hello everyone!Anyone knows if there is a way to set the Baro default mode to hPa instead of having to put it everytime manually?Thanks

Hello everyone!Anyone knows if there is a way to set the Baro default mode to hPa instead of having to put it everytime manually?Thanks
Switch to hPa, save the panel state and select this panel state as the default on startup. That's what I did.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Thanks SKeller!That's what I thought but the problem is that I can't save my panel state. I have sp1c and when I try to save the panel state I give the name and execute, it says saved but then it not appear on the list or even on panelstate folder.Do you have any ideia?Thanks

That's really strange. I'm on SP1c as well and just tried again. Works like a charm.When you press the LSK next to STARTUP STATE on the PMDG SETUP page of the CDU, you should see a list of all available (predefined plus saved) panel states. Note that there are several pages, and the list is sorted alphabetically, so you might need to scroll with the NEXT PAGE button.Hope this helps.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

I had 3 pages before but I removed the panels states from the tutorial so I became just with one but after saving my panel state he doesn't appear on the list I don't know why.Anyway thanks for the help.

Thanks SKeller!That's what I thought but the problem is that I can't save my panel state. I have sp1c and when I try to save the panel state I give the name and execute, it says saved but then it not appear on the list or even on panelstate folder.Do you have any ideia?Thanks
What Fabo said or run FSX as administrator. It works. When I load previous save it loads my plane just like I left it before saving, except airstars, they go back to closed position. Everything else stays though.

Thank you Fabo and thank you killkenny1. I did it as Administrator and it worked, just the airstars, radios, navaids, transponder, etc didn't work but the rest was saved.Problem solved!

I came across this issue a couple months ago as well.My solution is similar but then again slightly different. Just go ahead and open up your desired panel state (that's a .sav file) with notepad. Search for [EFISControlPanel.0]. You'll find entries like BaroInHpa=0 for instance, that are worth to play around with (i. e., set that one to =1).Obviously this is at your very own risk (read: backup your originals) and I suppose there won't be much support, but it's possible to customize a lot of things and sometimes I prefer to do this in a text editor. These files truely contain a ton of interesting stuff.sig.gif

I came across this issue a couple months ago as well.My solution is similar but then again slightly different. Just go ahead and open up your desired panel state (that's a .sav file) with notepad. Search for [EFISControlPanel.0]. You'll find entries like BaroInHpa=0 for instance, that are worth to play around with (i. e., set that one to =1).Obviously this is at your very own risk (read: backup your originals) and I suppose there won't be much support, but it's possible to customize a lot of things and sometimes I prefer to do this in a text editor. These files truely contain a ton of interesting stuff.sig.gif
Actually I tried that before solving the problem but I couldn't open it in notepad. Now I tried again but with wordpad and it worked.I also prefer to play with text most of the times.BTW, do you have any ideia if it's possible to fix the airstars or transponder in the panel.sav file? I didn't find it.Tanks

Actually I tried that before solving the problem but I couldn't open it in notepad. Now I tried again but with wordpad and it worked.I also prefer to play with text most of the times.BTW, do you have any ideia if it's possible to fix the airstars or transponder in the panel.sav file? I didn't find it.
Why wouldn't notepad work? Usually hit and hold down SHIFT then right click the file, select Open With then notepad. Shouldn't be any issue.What do you mean with fixing the XPNDR? What's wrong with it?Other than that, saving the airstairs was missing in the original release but got added in SP1a I believe. It's however not in the panel state but rather a property of the respective livery. So what you will have to do is go into the SimObjects...<your livery> folder and open the <your livery>.ini config file. Then search for the Airstair entry (can be Airstair=0 or Airstair=0). It should be in the [Airframe] section. If it isn't there then you can add it manually.sig.gifPS In order not to get problems with the mods please sign your full name as per the forum rules...

Etienne, that one airstair property is indicative of whether the craft has the airstairs at all, not whether they are in or out. I do not know if that is saved, I fly planes without them almost exlusively.

I know that, I thought that was what he meant. Don't know if there is something for saving the actual stairs state though.sig.gif