Sign in to follow this  
dangmoss

3 monitor setups black screen on two monitors

First I know i have no clue about the flight sim part so i'm a noob on thatHowever I have this pretty ok pc with 3 22" monitors all of that works fine but microsoft flight doesn't work on the other 2 monitorsWhat do I need to change to get this to work?thx!

Hi Dangmoss,to get MS Flight across 3 screens using Nvidia, you will need to have SLI multi monitor mode. You have 2 different video cards, my understanding is, that both cards must be the same and connected, to enable SLI. Then surround mode can be set up in display options which will give you the increased resolution in MS Flight.Unlike previous versions of Flight Simulator, there is no option to create and undock multiple views and drag them to another monitor. Other options are; use an ATI card with eyefinity support, or Matrox Triplehead2go.Ron.

To add to that, if you do get a 2nd Nvidia card, make sure it is of the same model series (can be different manufacturers) and they both have to have the exact same amount of memory on board or Surround will not work.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Dangmoss it's only in windowed mode that you will not be able to use the exta monitors.You can get get the other two monitors to work in FSX if you run in full screen mode.Just creat a new view on the primary monitor and then drag it onto one of the other monitors.Repeat for the other monitor.Drag to position and resize.With your setup you can not have a continuous single view across all three monitors though.Make sure all monitors are recognised and configured in FSX settings.gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi gb,He was referring to the new Microsoft Flight, not FSX. Not possible ( as of yet ) to create new views in MS Flight. They have made this just like a normal 'game', ie, you only get one cockpit view in 3D only, this can be panned around, or switched as before, to 'chase view', fly by, or top down, etc. etc.The only way to get 3 screens and one single view is to set it up like any game that can run in surround mode. ( and it does ).No 2D mode, and no option to create instrument panel, or anything, on another monitor, very sad.After all the requested feedback during development, they have simply ignored those of us who like to build home simpits.On the positive side, it does look better and runs like we all wish FSX would. As long as you like only the 3D mode.Ron.

Hi gbFlight works across 3 screens, just like FSX.

Regards

Frank Jones

Thanks Frank, I thought I had explained that,

The only way to get 3 screens and one single view is to set it up like any game that can run in surround mode. ( and it does ).
the attachment below ( and above ) is MS Flight set up in nvidia Surround mode. ie 3 screens. note resolution.Ron.

Did you set the total resolution within the graphics section of FSX? If you didn't, then FSX will only use one monitor. If each of your monitor's native resolution is 1920 X1080, then you have to "tell" fsx to run at 5760 X1080.

In the Graphics section of FSX' user interface menu, you should see a pulldown tab. Click on it and it should give you a list of available resolutions. Look for "5760 x1080 32". If it's not available, then you have not set up your display options properly within your card's control panel.

EDIT:

Sorry I didn't notice that you are using MS Flight. Pretty much the same applies, although MS Flight automatically detects the max resolution. What are you using for a video card/s? Are they matched?