Hi,I have downloaded Microsoft Flight from here http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/ and have installed without errors, but when the game is run it freezes my PC - I have to hold down the power button to re-start the machine. I did get the game to load twice but then it is back to crashing. It loads the initial splash page, then when the screen goes dark it either freezes there or when the animation starts. Before posting I have tried quite a few things - see below:My System is:Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit SP1Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66Ghz - Not overclocked4GB RAMGraphics: AMD Radeon HD9600 - Not overclockedSound: Creative SB X-FiI have re-installed a number of times on different hard drives.Disabled AVGRun Windows Update - everything is up-to dateInstalled new graphics driversUn-plugged all controllersCreated a new account to try the installation onSet the flight.exe to run as AdministratorSet the flight.exe to run in Windows XP (SP3) compatibility modeWhen I did manage to run the game I could run it with everything turned onto high with no problem.I don't see any log files, or config that I can do without getting into the game. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Regards,Mike

I've found the config files and have seen that there is an option for full screen. If I set this to 0 the game works, so it seems fullscreen is the issue.Any hep to get fullscreen working greatly appreciated.Mike

I've found the config files and have seen that there is an option for full screen. If I set this to 0 the game works, so it seems fullscreen is the issue.Any hep to get fullscreen working greatly appreciated.Mike
Have you attempted to do a fresh re-install of your graphics driver?

Hi - I have done this - I could try again. I'll let you know.Just noticed I've mistyped my graphics card details it's an: ATI Radeon HD6900 :Talk to the Hand:

Have you attempted to do a fresh re-install of your graphics driver?
I just downloaded latest drivers again and installed - Now what happens is the games works I restart my PC then locks up. I re-installed again - it works again until I reboot. I took down the detail of the video drivers before a reboot and checked again afterwards - they are the same as below:Driver Packaging Version 8.95-120214a-134393C-ATICatalyst Version 12.3Provider Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.2D Driver Version 8.01.01.12352D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0894OpenGL Version 6.14.10.11554Catalyst Control Center Version 2012.0214.2218.39913So I can play the game in full-screen only after a re-install of the latest drivers until I have rebooted. I have done this a few times now just to be sure - it is consistent.Mike

Hi Charlie,If you have not yet, I would suggest posting this in the Flight forum here on Avsim.It is a great forum with a lot of knowledgeable users involved, plus some of those users were on the beta team for Flight, and still have access to the Flight team through the beta forum they have access to. Just copy and paste your info over there.You can also send an email directly to the Flight Team, at msflight@microsoft.comI do not know how quickly they might respond though, going through the Flight forum here itself might yield quicker feedback...Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Thanks Don - will do.
Hey Charlie,Just checking in - did you get your issue resolved?

Hi -no afraid not. I also posted here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/366976-microsoft-flight-crashes-on-startup/ as advised and it was suggested I went back to an older version of the graphics drivers - I did this but still no joy.I'm hoping a future release will address the issue - I think I've used my power button more this last couple of weeks than I have for the whole time I've had my machine. :-(