Sign in to follow this  
bonchie

Two questions about Shade...

Read the user manual and couldn't find any clear answers.1) Do you have to launch through Shade everytime or is there a way to make the changes semi-permanent if you desire?2) Do you have to go in and select your preset before launching everytime or does it remember the last one chosen until you change it? When I open the GUI it always has the default "Last Loaded Preset" phrase instead of having my actual last loaded preset shown. So I'm confused as to what's being loaded if I don't open the GUI before launching everytime.

1) Do you have to launch through Shade everytime or is there a way to make the changes semi-permanent if you desire?
It has an icon that auto injects the shade files then launches FSX.

There's an option to make the changes permanent as well. I use Shade all the time, but I haven't launched it in months.

There's an option to make the changes permanent as well. I use Shade all the time, but I haven't launched it in months.
Could you be more specifc? Because I'm not seeing this anywhere in the manual.

At the bottom of the Shade GUI window, there is a set of tabs (day 1, day 2, etc.). One of those tabs is called "set and forget". By clicking there, you can back up your current default values, then click "set and forget current Shade values" to burn in the chosen shade set. From then on out, that set is active in FSX until you change it without having to open Shade again.

At the bottom of the Shade GUI window, there is a set of tabs (day 1, day 2, etc.). One of those tabs is called "set and forget". By clicking there, you can back up your current default values, then click "set and forget current Shade values" to burn in the chosen shade set. From then on out, that set is active in FSX until you change it without having to open Shade again.
Sweet. Thanks.

There's an update to Shade which gets around the 'Last Loaded Preset' issue. Just redownload and reinstall.

You may also want to read Shade's new manual which can be found here. Any more problems, just beam me a message!