Sign in to follow this  
Zero_355

trying to find a specific Spotlight BMP

ok heres the Sitrepon my old PC i had a modifyed spotlight BMP that made the default runwaylights alot better. not as bright with good realistic look. and they where xeon lights so they had that "blueish"color.i forgot to back that file up when i switched to this new PC. A motherboard issue is what killed the other PC so i cant get the file off the old harddrive. iv been looking fo it since i reinstalled FSX, about 2 months now. and cant find it.oh ive found several HALO and Spotlight mods. none of wich were very good. say for dentays lights on simviation. however i can find the one im looking for.i cant remember the excat file name. but i think it was "realistic Landing lights" or "xeon landing lights" both of wich iv tryed to no avil. i cant remember if itwas on simviation Avsim or flightsim.com. it was one of the 3so does anybody know where it resides? i remember the download had multiple folders each with a diffrent Spotlight bmp so the user could pick wich one sutied him the most. i think the selection was1. dim2. brighter3. brightest4 .realisticor something simmiller. i wish i had a pic, but unfortenitly i dont. so does anybody know of this download

I'm going to place this inquiry in the FSX forum. Hopefully someone can assist you better there.

Zero,If the failure on the old setup was motherboard related, it is worth a try to have a go at salvaging your old harddisk.You could try to hook up that harddisk and copy the old files to your new pc.Of course, If you replaced your motherboard and did a reinstall on that same old harddisk, there's little you can do.But if you still have that disk, it is really worth a try.Luc BrusselmansBelgium

i have thought about salvaging the HD. but not 100% shure if the old HD had a virues on it. it did behave oddly in the days up to its death. i did reguler scans with my virus software, and scaned the files i did back up before putting them on this PC.found nothing. but that dosent mean it not there

Have you not tried looking in the avsim library? there are quite a few halo versions there.vololiberista

Zero,I thought you wrote in you OP that it was a motherboard issue that killed your old PC.If you have a harddisk behaving odd, it has probably been your MB that was acting up already.Besides, when you have your virusscan active on your new rig, I don't think it would hurt to try to salvage your old HD.No guarantees of course but it is worth a try if you have more files to rescue then that one bmp.Luc BrusselmansBelgium

Have you not tried looking in the avsim library? there are quite a few halo versions there.vololiberista
Yes i did. As stated in the OP.call me paronoid. but this new PC has got to last. money is not something in great quantity. so i try to protect this new PC, sword and sheild if i thought it would help. if there is even the slightes risk that the old HD could caues issues on the new PC. then. however. ther is a older PC i aquiered from a local bank when they upgraded thire PC. it had no RAm (except what was built in to The MB) so it was ungodly slow. and its acient anyway. i could see if the HD would work on it. Transfer the fiel to a Flash drive, scan the hell out of it. and prey. ill let yall know how this quest turns out