Sign in to follow this  
RobertRent

Looking for a Cessna 182

Can anyone suggest a good Cessna 182 for FS?My primary need is a good flight model, and my secondary need is a realistic instrument panel. I

I don't know of any C182's, but there's a freeware .air replacement for the default C172 available from RealAir - www.realairsimulations.com. It's supposed to be one of the best flight models for FS2004.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest ba747heavy

I wholeheartedly recommend the RAS 182 FDE. Fantastic :D

Guest Rockcliffe

I installed the RealAir FDE, but found that the engine quits if I move the throttle back to idle. Has anyone else had this and is there any tweak to solve it?BlairCYOW

Guest SoarPics

If you are using FS9 make sure you didn't install the RealAir 172 package for FS2002. They are different, and the engine quitting problem will most likely occur if you try the FS2002 version in FS9.Cheers,

The fix is to adjust your throttle so the engine idles at 800-1000rpm. A real 182 will run rough and/or die if you leave the throttle at idle.I think the default 182 is fine. I have the performance charts from a real 182S, and it flies right on the numbers.

Guest Rockcliffe

Thanks guys.

You might consider the Flight1 Cessna 177 Cardinal. Great, legible panel and good flight model. Also a choice of fixed gear or RG models.. Well worth the $$ in my opinion. www.flight1.com

Bert

Guest aca_dia

"The fix is to adjust your throttle so the engine idles at 800-1000rpm. A real 182 will run rough and/or die if you leave the throttle at idle."I fly three different 182's and they all run just fine at idle.

Thanks for the reply.I don't recognize the term "FDE", though. Are you speaking of the RealAir Simulations "Refined flight model for the FS2002 Cessna 182S version 2.0"?Thanks,Robert

Bert,Thanks for your reply. I have the DreamFleet Cardinal and I strongly agree with you that it is well worth the money. It is my number two favorite GA aircraft, and my number one favorite is the DreamFleet Piper Archer II.I'm looking for a 182, though, so that I can become familiar with its characteristics before flying one for the first time next month.Cheers,Robert