Sign in to follow this  
zdp

Full Throttle Jitter

Hello,

When moving the throttle to maximum, using Saitek quadrant or simple keyboard key [F4] the levers will go to the maximum position and then always jump back and then move slightly up and down.

I would assume this is not very realistic.

I tried with another plane, like Airbus A321 that comes standard with FSX and there is no such issue. Throttle moves to max and stays there.

Anybody is experiencing the same?

Thanks,

Edgard

Hello Edgard,

I have that same characteristic, along with the additional issue of the throttle handles in the VC jittering at idle throttle as well.

I have CHProducts ProThrottle, Fighterstick and ProPedals, and I think this issue has more to do with how Windows7 "sees" the throttle, than how PMDG interprets it...

I tried everything to correct the problem with the throttle including every combination of calibrating it in Windows, in FSX, and in both, of trying every setting of control sensitivity and dead zone in FSX, even trying to "cheat" the calibration by not advancing the throttle to the extremes in order to try and get more "throw" to hit the stops more fully once calibrated.

The only thing that actually worked (but not fully) was going to the CHProducts website and downloading their latest calibration and driver suite, which it says on the download page is not necessary as Windows7 has full capability to see and calibrate all features on its own.

After I did this, I was able to get more throw of the throttles in the VC than I could ever get calibrating with Windows or FSX. and the jitter problem was almost eliminated at full throttle and greatly reduced, but not gone at idle.

Are you using Windows drivers or Saitek software to drive your throttle? Have you tried not moving to the stops when calibrating? it might have different results with your equipment...

Good luck!

David Obando

Home Airport KSFO
System: Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2, Intel I9-13900KS Watercooled, Asus Maximus Z690 Extreme Motherboard, 32 Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600, ASUS RTX 4090 OC Edition, 4Tb NVME m.2 Array (2Tb x 2), Aorus FV43U 43" Display (144Mhz), Corsair Ax1600i powersupply, Marvel AQC107 10Gb Network adaptor, Comcast 1Gb Internet Service, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case 7x140mm, 4x120mm cooling fans.

Have you read about the throttle option in the manual. Maybe this has something to do with it:

---

A/T Manual Override: This option allows you to decide how you

want the autothrottle react to changes in your joystick throttle

position. In the airplane, moving the throttles will momentarily

change the thrust of the engines, but they will return to the

previous position when released, unless the autothrottle is in

HOLD or ARM mode. You can realistically simulate this by select

the <IN HOLD/ARM MODE ONLY option.

If you wish to simplify the process a bit while learning to fly the

airplane, you can select <NEVER (in which case any movement

of your joystick throttle will be ignored by the auto-throttle) or you

can select <ALWAYS (in which case the auto-throttle will always

allow you to override the desired thrust by simply moving your

joystick throttle. We recommend setting this to <IN HOLD/ARM MODE ONLY, as

this is the most realistic mode.

NOTE: If the autothrottle is in HOLD or ARM mode and you move

your joystick throttles, the engine will change power. If you have

trouble with this, then simply set this option to NEVER.

---

- John

Thanks John.

I think you are on the right track because the issue is not related to the Saitek quadrant since it also happens when you push F4.

On another plane [less sophisticated] there is no issue.

So I think when you pass the N1 setting [which pushing F4 does] then the throttles will go back automatically.

This is a bit of unknown territory for me so maybe more experienced people out there can comment what is normal behavior when you push the throttles all the way up and past N1.

Thanks,

Edgard

If anything its likely to be the FADEC simulation which is limiting throttle position. The settings mentioned earlier are for autothrottle and won't affect manual throttle operation.

ki9cAAb.jpg