Sign in to follow this  
andrewgrey715

Lurching after coming out of slew mode.

Anyone know how to fix this? It always happens with downloaded aircraft. I am sitting at the gate. I hit slew for some minor position adjustments, and then hit 'Y' again, and all of a sudden I am tearing across the tarmac at 350kts. Why does this happen all of the time? Any ideas?

Thanks, AG

Before hitting "Y" to come out of slew mode press "F1" to make sure you are on the ground.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Hi AG.

You may also want to verify that you do not have more than one axis assigned to that function. If you have more than one controller check to see that only one controls that direction. TV

If you use AES for pushback you will know all about this. For some reason the static_height and static_pitch are almost always incorrect in addon aircraft.

I manually tweak these to perfection using notepad to open the aircraft cfg and just keep altering the figures until the aircraft sits perfectly and tightly on the ground whether you are in slew mode or not. (after entering slew mode press F1...when there is no difference between this and out of slew mode you are set)

Then my AES pushback is as smooth as pie .... and this will also solve your problem of aircraft shooting off after disabling slew mode.