Sign in to follow this  
denver69

Everything was going good untill today

I start in 2d.

Upon starting FS2crew today the FO forgot to set cruise altitude during preflight phase.

FO kept saying "Are you sure about that" even though it was set properly, driving me nuts.

Ground crew only understood ground from cockpit phrase and then could not understand any pushback phrases so I had to use the PMDG pushback.

Would not start engines

Called V1 way to early at 100kias instead of 148kias

I am sure I am using the correct phraseology, I have the pdf up on the other computer.

Everything was going well untill today for some reason.

Everthing was set up as per the instructions but since upgrading to sp1 when I start via the cfg screen it is on P and no amount of clicking on it changes to T-time. I have to Pause the sim and then it changes to t=time, then I click on it so it says P and then unpause the sim and it will show the countdown. I dont know but this may have screwed it up somehow. This happened last flight though and everything worked.

Thanks

I start in 2d.

Upon starting FS2crew today the FO forgot to set cruise altitude during preflight phase.

FO kept saying "Are you sure about that" even though it was set properly, driving me nuts.

Ground crew only understood ground from cockpit phrase and then could not understand any pushback phrases so I had to use the PMDG pushback.

Would not start engines

Called V1 way to early at 100kias instead of 148kias

I am sure I am using the correct phraseology, I have the pdf up on the other computer.

Everything was going well untill today for some reason.

Everthing was set up as per the instructions but since upgrading to sp1 when I start via the cfg screen it is on P and no amount of clicking on it changes to T-time. I have to Pause the sim and then it changes to t=time, then I click on it so it says P and then unpause the sim and it will show the countdown. I dont know but this may have screwed it up somehow. This happened last flight though and everything worked.

Thanks

Hi Marc,

Just re-install SP1c and then FS2Crew.

That'll probably get you back up.

If you can even figure "why" out of the blue it would just break like that, let me know.

Something must have changed somewhere. You must have done something differently.

Before you re-install, I want you to do this:

Open this file with Notepad:

Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\737NGX_Options.ini

Do you see this line at the bottom:

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

I'm wondering if that somehow got deleted.

Hello guys,

congratulations to Bryan for this tremedous piece of software.

This strange behaviour also happened to me two days ago, associated with the missing of the VC clickspot (to open FS2Crew interface). The cause was the Performance Manager of the NGX, more in detail: in my configuration, FS2Crew was enabled in the panel.cfg and the Performance Manager, upon start-up, advised me that there was a problem about the screens resolution. I pressed ok in order to solve the issue and, after the start-up of FSX, FS2Crew VC clickspot disappeared and many "Are you sure about that" ecc. glitches appeared. So I disabled FS2Crew from panel.cfg and restored that one backed-up by Fs2Crew. The Performance Manager started without any issue message and all three green ticks were in position. Then I enabled FS2Crew and again Performance Manager prompted me to resolve a configuration problem (only two of the three ticks were in place), I cancelled the proposed action. To test this, I disabled FS2Crew and restarted Performance Manager that didn't recognize any problem. Now I run a perfecly running FS2Crew with the VC clickspot operating and, in my opinion, perfect hi-res displays aswell. Feel free to ask for clarifications.

Happy flights.

Alessandro Panzacchi

Alessandro Panzacchi

Hi Alessandro,

Glad you're like it :Party:

I can confirm the Performance Manager issue.

It apparently doesn't like the FS2Crew gauge in the spot where we are supposed to put 3rd party addons:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// VC SECTION 36

// Third Party Addon

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[VCockpit36]

size_mm=8,8

pixel_size=8,8

texture=$ThirdParty

background_color=0,0,0

It appears to be a bug in the NGX Performance Manager.

Interesting thing is that if you click "repair", it deletes the FS2Crew gauge.

That explains why you could no longer open the FS2Crew panel from the VC cockpit.

As for "are you sure about that", the only way I can reproduce it is by "resetting" the flight via the FSX menu.

That seems to muck up the SDK somehow.

Before I reinstall sp3/crew. I am going to test this again.

BRB

(be right back)

and yes the DataBroadcast=1 is there.

Marc

Just tested up to taxi and everything worked perfectly. There was an issue before when I had the problem with it being paused and unable to r click on the p. So I paused the sim, then it went to T=time, then I was able to r click it to p and then unpaused the sim and all worked fine but this was when everything screwed up. This time I was able to r click on the p (Fscrew allways starts paused now for some reason) and it changed to t w/o pausing the sim. Everything worked perfectly this time.

It will be just my luck for it to not work again when I have an actual flight because I will have put in an hour or so before so the Microsoft devil will come out in all his jealous rage and make it not work, then more time I put in the more likely something will bug out for the rest of the flight. The devil is jealous because FSX is so much better than it ever could have been now.

Yes there is a devil in my FSX.

Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\737NGX_Options.ini

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

line

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast = 1 must be located at the bottom is always, and now everything is working, I helped!!!!! do not have to reinstall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!