Sign in to follow this  
Rajah

3 monitors / 2 GTX 580 / problems

Hi Antonio,

No, nothing to do with the moue. The statement lets hide the camera view, in this case the 2D (standard) cockpit view.

I have no idea why the frame rate drops after cycling through the 2D view.

Frans

Frans Dekker / IVAO SPP / AFR074

Cycle hidden hides that particular view when you cycle thru the views with the A key

I never cycle views, so I don't think it would help me. I only ever use the vc & possibly an external spot view selected from the menu.

This is normal with my new PMDG installs. I am using the TripleHead2Go and 3 16x9 monitors. The first time I bring up the PMDG bird, I pull up all the stand alone windows such as the FMS, PFD, MFD and all the other popups. One by one, I resize them to the proportions that look good to me. Then I position the aircraft and configure all the scenario issues I can think of then save the flight. Next time I load that flight, everything is already setup. Takes a bit of effort but pays big dividends.

Good luck,

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

No problem with resizing, but serious drop of framerate with cycling through the panels, I cannot explain.

Frans

3. The most severe problem is the 2D cockpit. Instead of the 2D cockpit there is nothing (black). The 2/3 upper half is the outside.

Hi Rajah, Hi all! I had the same problem that comes with a resolution above 3840x1080 with my triple screens . For other reasons I've just reinstalled my FSX, and I've noticed that the problem was not occuring: at any res it works fine with a fresh install. Then when I started installing SP1 Acceleration and SP2, the 2D panel issues appear again. =@ . So maybe because of their update with dx10 preview changing something with the graphics internal setting. Now I've reinstalled again and I keep my FSX with no Service pack update and it works fine with no 2D panel issues. I had FPS average in the beginning and thought I couldn't make it without the SP2 but after a few settings (Wideview, vsync, aa, anisotripic) and installing REX I got my 60 FPS back on most sceneries! At last It solves this painfull probelm, any plane has all its views working fine on triple head 5760 X 1080 :yahoo: . (I7 2600k - GTX 590 3GB - 8Gb RAM) (Sorry for my poor english I'm french)Four%20Leaf%20Clover.gif

Hi Fametis,

That's quite a discovery. However, after all these problems, I feel that 3 monitors at FL 390 has not much value.

I need the monitors now more for IvAp - The Eye - TopCat - FlightSIm Commander - Navigraph - FMC and Checlists.

Flying VFR I use the Span with Surround of NVIDIA and that gives no problems.

However, it's strange that this can happen, but thanks for sharing this!

Frans

Hello, ok fine. I can't bear flying on 1 monitor anymore lol. I connect FS commander on an extra netbook and it works fine. ok see ya :-)