Sign in to follow this  
bigfoot454

CTD at Shutdown everytime

For me i have solved the problem in this way:

When i reached the gate, i don´t use the parking brakes. In the FMC i activate the wheel chokes, then the FO starts the shutdown sequence too...and no CTD.

16 flights in and not a CTD in sight! Thanks Frank!

16 flights in and not a CTD in sight! Thanks Frank!

You can set the parking brakes, the important is that you set the wheel chocks before shutting down, so that the FO doesn't set them...

James Goggi

Hmmmm, weird... but the important thing is it's working for you.

Ya Bryan I was with you, I thought for sure it was a fspassenger bug but this chock tweak has fixed it for me. By the way thanks for the good customer service you provide, wish more developers were like you.

You can set the parking brakes, the important is that you set the wheel chocks before shutting down, so that the FO doesn't set them...

Copy that, thanks man

Hi guys,

I just want to bring this thread up again because I have the same problems which have been described in the last posts.

But in my case I have to report several things which may be different. I have used FS2Crew + PMDG 737 + FSP since the things came out. First I used the PMDG with FSP without any problems. When FS2Crew was released I also got that great add-on (I also used it with the Wilco Airbuses) and everything was fine. I made about 100 flights with the combination of this three add-ons without having any issues.

Then I changed something :)

I went for a new rig with more (a lot more) power just to make FSX even more smooth. I installed all the necessary add-ons like AS2012, FSP, PMDG, FS2Crew the whole sceneries I am using (mainly Germany / Europe). And the first flight with this new rig and my old configuration of the plane and the add-ons worked great. Flight was from EDDT to EDDK. I parked the 737 there ended the FSP flight and everything was fine. The next day I just loaded the 737 via the FSP menu. Everything was fine, doing the preflight procedures and the whole flight was without any notice to the upcoming problems. Made a smooth landing at EDDH and rolled to my favourite stand. But then suddenly the CTD occured while being in the shutdown procedures. First I was a little bit supprised and shocked about the CTD but I tried to analyse the problem. I did the same flight again with the same configuration etc.

Of course the same CTD happened while being in the shutdown procedure. But at this time I noticed that the CTD happened while I called for the parking brakes. The direct answer was the CTD :)

After the second CTD I tried this forum and found this thread (and some more which handle the PMDG - FS2Crew and FSP). One of my first ideas was that maybe I did something wrong with the panel.cfg while doing the tweak for FSP.

To find out if the problem is with FSP or FS2Crew I did the same flight from EDDK-EDDH again but without FSP. At the end, with supprise, I could shut down the 737 without any CTD. Everything worked great and of course as supposed. After that I was a little bit confused but I thought that the problem must come with FSP. The first thing in my mind were the changes in the panel.cfg. I copied the original file back into the folder overwriting the changed one and did the next flight.

But right now I tried another configuration. I did a fresh load of the 737 and started FSP. The flight also was done without any problems and could be finished in EDDH without any CTD.

I was really happy about this result and thought that the problem has been solved. So I started to my next leg going back to EDDK. But when I started to shutdown the 737 in EDDK the CTD occured at the same time being in the shutdown procedure at the answer to the question if the parking brakes are set.

At the moment I am sure that there is any issue between FSP and the 737 or FS2Crew. I am going to install the last two add-ons again to see if anything changes.

I really wonder about this CTD's because on my old machine I never had any issues with this configuration and right now I have installed the same add-ons. I just added GEX and UTX Europe.

Maybe this information can also help to find the problem.

Best regards,

Thorsten

Thorsten Behnke

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I want to give this mysterious CTD another crack.

If you can "consistently" reproduce it every time, please email me asap at: admin ** at *** fs2crew.com

I've just spoken with Thorsten above and he can't reproduce the CTD anymore. Totally bizarre.

At any rate, I really need to find someone who can "reproduce" this crash so you can run some tests for me.

Cheers,