Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

Before taxi loop

I have a problem when pushback is finnished and i call takeoff flaps, then the orange text says b. Taxi or something... After a while the fo says im ready for the checklist... And when i ask for before taxi checklist it loops back to set takeoff flaps... And i have to start over.. The second time it works... Really annoying, any suggestions?

Niklas Eriksson

Hi Nicklas,

Not sure about that one.

Make sure you doing it this way:

1. After the FO announces "Starter Cutout" for last engine started, the FO will automatically do the first section of his Before Taxi flow.

2. When he's done, the mode will change to "Set TO Flaps"

3. That's when you say " Flaps 5", etc.

4. The FO will then complete the remaining portion of his Before Taxi flow.

5. When he's done, speak "Before Taxi Checklist".

Is that what you're doing?

i ask for before taxi checklist it loops back to set takeoff flaps... And i have to start over.. The second time it works...

Hi,

I have the same problem. I'm waiting for <set flaps> mode after Push and start, when ready I ask 'Flaps5' then I'm waiting for the FO to tells he is ready for the C/L to ask for it.

And happens just like Niklas described it, and even sometimes the FO start the checklist and at the "3rd or 4th" item it stop answering as the mode is back to <set Flaps>...

I'm just adding some few commands depending of the flight, and that could be the issue's cause maybe :

- I always use AES

- I ask for "select taxi light on" at differents moments (during P/B, before ask for flaps, just before start the taxi...)

- I call the ground crew for "disconnect and go to hand signal" also at different moment : (before set flaps, before the taxi checklist, and at the end of the before taxi checklist...)

I know i'm not missing somthing in the procedure as I did at least 30 flights with the pre SP1 version and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for your Help.

Théo.

GATE 51

or ManFlex55

For me it works now, the problem was that i started my "before taxi checklist" untill the starter cutout was told :)

Niklas Eriksson

HI !

You were right Bryan, the problem is linked with " you are cleared to disconnect and go to handsignals " for me.

I did 3 flights :

-on the first I said it at the end of the taxi flow. ------------------------------------------------------------------> the <Set TO Flaps> reappeared, during taxi.

-on the second i said it after engine start and before asking for flaps. -------------------------------------> it Worked.

-on the third I didn't say it at all.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> it Worked too.

is it possible to fix that in any futur patch ?

Thanks.

Théo.

GATE 51

or ManFlex55

Thanx Bryan, had the same problem. I manually advanced the program to the next section when this happens.