Sign in to follow this  
Miracle

PMDG 737 Vs POSKY 737

Are you a RW airline pilot ? I doubt it very much !

Fred.

What does that have to do with the fact PMDG used actual Boeing data to make their 737 NGX vs Posky which to my understanding doesn't have the relationship and access to Boeing the way PMDG does?

Any connection between those two? I doubt it very much.

Gents-

As entertaining as this thread has been, I am going to put an end to it because some of the antagonists here are just offering ridiculous input and I cannot allow folks to start trashing the otherwise pleasant memory of the POSKY project and various participants.

Time in a Level D simulator doesn't amount to a hill of beans in what we do. Without scientific training, licensed engineering data and a thorough knowledge of the subject- any creator of FDEs is just a hack. Some hacks are quite good- but being "quite good" won't get you in the door on a project at PMDG. You have to be an expert.

Lets face it: Working with engineering data and approaching it from the standpoint of a trained scientist and aerodynamicist is quite a bit different than playing in a Level D simulator and then trying to replicate that feeling on your home computer. You can set our flight models up in any configuration and you will get the correct acceleration, inertial response, pitch and trim balance as you'd get from the airplane. This performance is verified in an exhausting process that is exceedingly difficult given the relative lack of complexity in the FSX aero model... But we have 15+ years of experience doing it- and we know how to make it do what is desired.

Time piloting a cessna give you the expertise to comment on inertia and control feel for a 747, and any professional pilot will tell you that as nice as high-end motion simulators are- they do NOT perform or feel precisely like the real airplane. I have found this to be true throughout my career, so if one of our models felt just like the simulator I would inquire as to why. :Waiting:

At the end of the day- we are all using different hardware, different control settings and have vastly different experience levels with flying. As much of this is perceptive as anything else- but I'll stick with the scientific approach as the results it has yielded can be verified by data.

And I will re-iterate: We will not stand for anyone putting down the POSKY effort... (In spite of the fact that the bloke there obviously felt no need to reciprocate...) Please be respectful...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com