Sign in to follow this  
SpeedPilot

Panning with the joystick's hat switch

In FSX you could pan diagonaly with the joystick's hatswitch, but in XPX I can only pan horizontal or vertical. There is not button settings for panning diagonaly with the hatswith in the joystick buttons menu in XPX nor is there a general panning option, like FSX has. This makes panning with the hatswitch even more cumbersome. Also is there as way to stop the panning right away after centering the hatswitch on my joystick in XPX? There is still a bit of panning going on even if I stop panning when using the quick pan button settings in the joystick button menu, and using the normal panning button settings is just too slow for me.

You can pan left, right up and down, how many other ways are there to pan? Its true there isn't support for eight way hat switches, but one can set a button for a diagonal view. It may be slightly more cumbersome, but in truth I have always found the eight way hat switches to be a bit cumbersome if you are trying to look up or down at a 45 degree angle. Trying to hit that fine point between the 90 degree point and the 45 degree point was always cumbersome to me. If the fast pan is too fast, and the normal pan too slow, trying getting off the hatswitch a bit quicker in he fast pan mode. :smile:

There is a plugin that adds those 4 additional panning commands to xplane. Seems to work.

You'll find it on x-plane.org at downloads/utilities.

Regards

Flo

Hit <SHIFT> 9, right click and hold your mouse, pan around.... now why do you need the

hat switch again? :P Once you do this a bit you'll feel ALL constrained going back to

FSX and being stuck with the hat switch, at least that was my discovery.

Cheers,

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines