Sign in to follow this  
DavidThompson891

Wilco PIC 737 Problems with Autopilot Heading & LNAV

Hello everyone having some trouble with the Wilco 737 PIC with the Autopilot Heading and LNAV functions.

When selecting a heading manually or if on LNAV Ill get the "Bank Angle, Bank Angle" etc and the aircraft would bank dangerously to the left/right.

I have already changed the following in the 733.ini file:

; Bank limit

maxBank=20.0

;max bank in LNAV turns

lnav_max_bank=20

;when IAS below

lnav_max_bank_ias = 280

Then in the aircraft.cfg changed the bank angle in the autopilot section to this:

[autopilot]

max_bank=20.0

But its still banking dangerously to the left/right sometimes.

I am also running FS9 under ADMIN and COMPATABILITY for WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2.

I am currently using Windows Vista Home Premium 32BIT with User Control Account turned off.

Does anyone have a solution?

Regards,

David Thompson

Hello everyone having some trouble with the Wilco 737 PIC with the Autopilot Heading and LNAV functions.

When selecting a heading manually or if on LNAV Ill get the "Bank Angle, Bank Angle" etc and the aircraft would bank dangerously to the left/right.

I have already changed the following in the 733.ini file:

; Bank limit

maxBank=20.0

;max bank in LNAV turns

lnav_max_bank=20

;when IAS below

lnav_max_bank_ias = 280

Then in the aircraft.cfg changed the bank angle in the autopilot section to this:

[autopilot]

max_bank=20.0

But its still banking dangerously to the left/right sometimes.

I am also running FS9 under ADMIN and COMPATABILITY for WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2.

I am currently using Windows Vista Home Premium 32BIT with User Control Account turned off.

Does anyone have a solution?

Regards,

David Thompson

I don't have a solution but I have had a similar problem with it so will be interested to see if someone can come up with a fix

Ive just downloaded the Evo 2 d panel update and now the plane is all over the place. Before the Evo 2 d update( purchased the Evo the other week when it came out) it was fine but now the bank angle is over 30 and the plane just falls from the sky on any turn?

Ive sent an email to feelthere via their forums but was wondering if anyone has a fix.

I also noticed that I now have the V2 of the aircraft which I never updated before due to reading about similar problems along time ago.

I see that the new one V2 only has one config setting, as apposed to 3 for the original.

very frustrating. Ive gone from a perfect flight to falling out of the sky via one update?

Steve

Just re installed the first relase of the evo panel, and now everything is back to normal. Aircraft seams to fly ok, 90 turns either way are ok.

Dont know what feelthere have done on the SP2 release but my system doesnt like it one bit.

Ill get back to them

Steve

I had this in FS9 and now have it in FSX, but never once experienced any of the issues described here. LNAV, VNAV,and manual Heading all work ok.

I think I may have sorted it, and its a bit embarrasing. Under the heading selector knob there is a square knob. This can be rotated left and right. If you do this it limits or increases the bank angle from what I can see and have tried. Looks like this has sorted my problem.

Ive never used this before and never even knew it worked.

Good job Im only playing

Ive looked at the manual and cant see it mentioned anywhere.................excuses.

Steve

I don't have a solution but I have had a similar problem with it so will be interested to see if someone can come up with a fix

SP2 from Feelthere DOES resolve the LNAV issues we have been experiencing.

Tried it - happy with it.

Trevor

Just tried a flight with a FMC flightplan. Ive now got the dreaded LNAV problem which I never had before I updated to SP2?

Aircraft turns far to early to follow the route, tries to correct itself and violently turns, it then violently turns again to capture the route.

I must be doing something wrong, but I fly FMC all the time, and never had this problem before?

Funny how I never had this problem before with the original release, and others did, but now I have it with SP2, and others have been sorted?

Steve