Sign in to follow this  
bliksimpie

prop levers simulated?

Did you notice that you can pull back the prop lever completely and still be able to have about same prop power so that you can basically takeoff and fly to your hearts content as if the prop lever is properly set to fine? Yes there is some sound difference when you pull back that throttle lever but you still can fly around as if the prop levers have not been set to fulll coarse.

yes I know you can advance a plane with prop levers set to full coarse but to be able to take off an fly and climb at 1000ft/min is definitely WRONG

tested by real pilots..? maybe but they might know how to fly a real plane but have no idea to test a flightsim game..

Sorry the prop levers is an elementary thing that is fundamentally WRONG even if the developer is not INTO proper system modeling..!

Guest bstolle

Have you checked the difference in torque between lo and hi RPM?

If you can do a high speed cruise with lo RPM why shouldn't it be possible to climb ???

FYI even in the Dash7 and 8 we routinely climbed at a very low RPM.

Looks like not the plane but your knowledge is fundamentally WRONG.

And what do you know do I see and test.. Something fundamentally wrong with your observation...

I did not mention low RPM. You did.. Maybe concentrate on your own flying and stop making assumptions as you know nothing more then what I said.. and I said again it is simulated wrong - fundamentally wrong.. if you get of the ground it will be a very long low climb, not what I experience in the C90, to the contrary..

Guest bstolle

Well your arrogance combined with your non-knowledge is quite something.

What do you 'think' the prop levers control if not RPM.....

EASY KIDS.... LETS ALL GET ALONG HERE... It is just a sim...... Everyone cant be happy... I know I am not 100%..

The minimum prop angle on ground is set to 12*... which would allow the aircraft to slowly accelerate to takeoff speed. Aircraft I'm familiar with will run the prop all the way in to ~3* which would never support a takeoff. I don't know the correct value for this aircraft, but I suspect the current setting is going to allow you to takeoff.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Well this C90 do not slowly accelerate and takeoff with prop levers fully back. It sped away and takeoff like a rocket.. and climb easily 1000f/m and there is NO should I or should I not take off. Basically NO difference between prop levers fully forward and fully back..

So again where is the real world pilots who tested this... what a JOKE... !!!

^^^^no wonder most people ha

Well this C90 do not slowly accelerate and takeoff with prop levers fully back. It sped away and takeoff like a rocket.. and climb easily 1000f/m and there is NO should I or should I not take off. Basically NO difference between prop levers fully forward and fully back..

So again where is the real world pilots who tested this... what a JOKE... !!!

:LMAO: :LMAO:

Still the old joker..!!

And what do you know do I see and test.. Something fundamentally wrong with your observation...

I did not mention low RPM. You did.. Maybe concentrate on your own flying and stop making assumptions as you know nothing more then what I said.. and I said again it is simulated wrong - fundamentally wrong.. if you get of the ground it will be a very long low climb, not what I experience in the C90, to the contrary..

Did you notice that you can pull back the prop lever completely and still be able to have about same prop power so that you can basically takeoff and fly to your hearts content as if the prop lever is properly set to fine? Yes there is some sound difference when you pull back that throttle lever but you still can fly around as if the prop levers have not been set to fulll coarse.

yes I know you can advance a plane with prop levers set to full coarse but to be able to take off an fly and climb at 1000ft/min is definitely WRONG

tested by real pilots..? maybe but they might know how to fly a real plane but have no idea to test a flightsim game..

Sorry the prop levers is an elementary thing that is fundamentally WRONG even if the developer is not INTO proper system modeling..!

No wonder people HATE coming here now... I assume you are a grown man aswell...

Guest bstolle

For the others who are interested what's the story with the prop/prop lever 'issue', here's a short description or what's actually happening

The minimum blade angle on ground is 12deg with the throttles at idle. Once you advance the throttle to approximate take off power the blade angle increases to around 17deg. That's with the props at high RPM (fine pitch).

If you pull the prop levers fully back the the blade angle increases from 17deg to 27deg....that's with at the max torque of 1315ft-lb which occurs already at the 70% throttle position in that case!

Keeping the throttle at the original take off power setting increases the torque to over 1900ft-lb in that case!!!!!

With the props at min RPM (coarse pitch) the rate of climb is being reduced by approximately 2/3.

Guest bstolle

but is it the same as in real life.. Nope i dont think so..!!

Why don't you give it up....it's getting really annoying :angry:

Your (last) complaint was:

NO difference between prop levers fully forward and fully back..

I explained to the others (not the obvious trolls) how it works and that your 'observation' is fundamentally wrong.