Sign in to follow this  
junfan85

Visibility in standard depiction AS2012

Hi. I find that Standard Mode is the best depiction mode for AS2012 as it give most accurate weather reading and without runway conflicts. However, the visibility is always clear when airborne despite the low visibility which is reported in AS2012 Build: 4469 unlike with DWC Mode. I don't use any suppression. Is there any answers to that? Thanks.

The Options page (I think it's called that) has sliders which will allow you to set max and minimum visibility. I usually set mine for 30 mile max visibility and zero for minimum. Not sure if this is exactly what you are asking though.

Yes my max visibility is 100 an 0 for min. Unlike in DWC, Standard mode visibility doesn't correspond to what is reported in AS2012. The good thing is that it does not result in runway conflict. So i was trying to understand if there is something left out in Standard mode, such as visibility or if is intended to be it or there's a limitation to what fsx can do.

"I find that Standard Mode is the best depiction mode for AS2012 as it give most accurate weather reading and without runway conflicts."

I use DWC but will be testing Standard mode.

What is runway conflict?

"However, the visibility is always clear when airborne despite the low visibility"

What do you mean here?

Like fog on the ground during departure but clear at FL330? Did you do screenshots by chance?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Like fog on the ground during departure but clear at FL330?

Yes this is what i meant. This is ONLY in Standard mode. Visibility is always clear around 5000-6000 feet.

To keep it short and simple: Runway conflict means the landing (but not take-off) direction of the runway keeps changing. This only happens in DWC mode. However. ATC Wind lock is unrealistic as it wont update the present location. Whereas in Standard mode, landing direction is always constant.

Bcos of these, I still prefer to use Standard mode. But I hope the visibilty issue will be solved.=)