Sign in to follow this  
Guest HBTurley

TOWER CAB IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT

Guest russellbdavis

TOWER CAB is currently under development, planned to be completed by the end of 2012. There is an official product page at www.towercab.com, and a FACEBOOK page www.facebook.com/TowerCab

You can follow along with the development at either location, as I am posting my work as it progresses.

TOWER CAB will be a completely new 3d tower simulation.

Wow!! That looks nice! I still remember playing with the old tower game in DOS in the early 1990s while i was studying ATC. I might just have to take a closer look at this.

Here is another daytime shot from the approach end of runway 32.

allsigns.png

thank you WR269. Yes, BAO Tower was ahead of its time. Too bad MS bought the product to then only shelve it. I never understood that.

As EVEL KNIEVEL would say, "Happy Landings!"
http://www.towercab.com

Wow, impressive indeed. Have not had a good atc sim of any kind since doing beta testing for VVS, so will definitely keep an eye on this.

Thanks WR269. I am working from actual Sarasota-Bradenton engineering drawings to create this. I just added all of the 185 signs to the scenery just last week. This week, I should be getting historical flight plan data as well another engineering drawing the entire airport lighting system to check against my current layout. I am using all sources available to make this highly accurate. Be sure and visit/like the facebook page ( http://www.facebook.com/towercab ).

I post there almost daily. I'm trying to involve the sim community and keep them informed of how something like this is created. I didn't start the modeling phase until 4/27/2012. This is the progress for 4 months of effort.

Hello all,

Well, the past few years have been really difficult. While developing TOWER CAB, I had a severe adverse reaction to a medication for pain that sent me into suicidal depression. Had I researched the drug beforehand, I would have discovered 1 in 50 people commit suicide. I should NOT have taken it. It took nearly a year to overcome the effects of that medication. Then, my father-in-law had a long battle with cancer and died on July 8, 2015. On that same date however, I received an injection called a "facet" injection that has blocked the pain in damaged spine. I can now stand for more than 10 minutes without excruciating pain! Thank God for that! Then, in August of 2014, I suffered another motorcycle wreck and fractured my left cheekbone. I have now abandoned riding motorcycles any longer, and have purchased the vehicle you see as my profile pic; a 1980 Shay Model A Reproduction. It is a 50th anniversary Model A of the 1929 Model A Ford. I wanted one when I was about 22 when it came out. I waited a long time to finally own one.
Now, in saying all of that, continuing development of TOWER CAB has been a very exhausting experience due to all of the external struggles going on! This is why you have not heard from me here at AVSIM for almost 3 years now. I have finally released version 1.5 of TOWER CAB and am happy with the result. I have completed the livery paint schemes for the commercial aircraft in the game, and have updated other graphic elements. I have also corrected some mistakes in the taxi routes that aircraft were following. And, on the advice of other users, I have made some modifications to the flight dispatch program for more flexible flight customization.  This release is compatible with Windows 7 and later, including Windows 10. Of course with Windows 10, there are security features that like to interfere with its operation, since pilot voice generation is accomplished using a Winsock control. So, make sure you allow for TCP/IP connections and it will run just fine.  It is now on sale and as always, visit www.towercab.com for more information.