Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Website Issue Page serves 404 and other comments

I was hoping to post an issue or two regarding the website layout, but when I try to go the link, I get a 404. I tried using a browser I have never used to visit avsim.com. I always visit through www.avsim.com.

It appears the comments still cannot paginate, IOW, I can't see any comments beyond those that I see in the first list? When I click on 2 or next or >>, nothing changes, I can't see any more comments.

I really, really, really, really, really, hate the dual column format for the news. I mean, really, most of the news item titles end up being 1 or two words / line, and end up being 6 lines long. Plus, my brain gets all confused because I have to scan down and can't scan across, since each line ends up being multiple lines because there isn't enough space for more than a word or two in the titles. I see absolutely NO purpose in the dual column news format.

Please get rid of the light blue borders surrounding the main content. You've packed so much information into the space of the page. Why waste all that space? What purpose do the borders serve? There are no borders in the title block, so don't tell me they are necessary.

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Depending on what browser you're using you'll need to go into its settings and locate the option to clear cache.

Ok, I figured it out.

In Chrome, I went to the tool on the top right, selected Settings/Under the Hood, clicked on the 'Clear Browsing Data' button, unselected everything and selected Empty Cache.

And yes, even after clearing the cache, I get a 404 when I try to go to the website issues tracker using the link in the "Welcome to the New Front Page" article.

And when I try to post new threads to the forum, I get a blank page in return. And my new thread doesn't show up till I quit the browser and return.

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Ok. I'll pass this on to tech. I'm able to access it ok but that doesn't exclude the possibility it's not functioning properly.

+1 I too am getting the "404 Not Found" error". Does anyone know when this will get fixed or if anyone is yet working on it?

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

please reference this article as to why and what was done.

http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?app=ccs&module=pages&section=pages&id=2&record=112

clear your cache, and SOME of the links we hard-linked on the FBO, etc are being fixed. Most others will self-correct with clearing out your browser's cache.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler