• Members
  • 02.png
  • 197 posts
  • Local time: 12:17 PM
  • 0 reviews
  • 6 topics
  • Joined 01-December 10

Posted Yesterday, 08:09 PM

What do you mean? Tell me, I know either some or most of the tech stuff for Flight due to interactive with devs over Steam and beta forums.

Alex Leung

Intel Core i5 2500@3.5 GHz (Somehow got it to overclock without exploding)

PNY nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti

8 GB RAM

1 TB Hard Drive

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I shall be your Hadouken for the rest of your life. :smile: (From Tf2)

OK, here it is in a nutshell. I launched Flight yesterday. There was a link for purchasing a discounted bundle via Steam. I followed the link. I purchased the bundle. I got confirmation that the sale had been processed and my credit card had been charged.

Nothing happened. There was no download, no activation key, no products showed up on my Flight game, nothing. I immediately began seeking help from Steam, and from Microsoft. I spent hours yesterday trying everything I could think of to get the product I paid for, or to get some assistance from Support on one side or the other.

I finally came to this forum for ideas because folks are always helpful here. And a few people did try to help me, but I was unable to follow their suggestions or solve the problem.

So, I paid for product I did not receieve, and those things happen sometimes. I understand that. But when they do, whoever got the money needs to try help the customer get what I bought. And that doesn't seem to be happening.

Thanks, Alex, for your offer to assist me. I hope you can because I'd like to keep the bundle and try to give Flight a fair shake. But if this is an example of the kind of "support" we can expect, it will make me leery of purchasing from them again.

In fact, I don't even know who I purchased from. Was it Steam, or Microsoft, or some other third party? And why did Steam get involved anyway? Does anyone know what advantage that might be to the users?

But, back to the issue. Can you help me download and activate the bundle I purchased, Alex?

Thanks again!

Dewey

In fact, I don't even know who I purchased from. Was it Steam, or Microsoft, or some other third party? And why did Steam get involved anyway? Does anyone know what advantage that might be to the users?

Perhaps a little more homework was in order before you made your purchase via Steam!

Perhaps a little more homework was in order before you made your purchase via Steam!

How does your answer help him?

I don't have Steam, but tried to help him yesterday, now I bumped his thread over to the Beta site.

Hang on Dewey. I see some intresting people watching this thread.

Dewey, if you haven't done so, I would check on this thread on the Steam forums for Flight: http://forums.steamp....php?t=2643707

It explains where to find and redeem your codes for DLC. Also, I believe Microsoft does have people regularly on the Steam forums so you could also try posting your issues there if the thread I linked doesn't answer your questions.

Dewey I got this:

Email msflight@microsoft.com, and post on the Steam support forum. The only place to purchase a bundle rightn ow is Steam so most likely he bought it form there. I would look at this thread on how to get the key.  http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2654301 Normally if you launch the Steam version of the game it will tell you what your keys are within Flight, but it sounds like maybe he is running the GFWL version of the game.

I will keep an eye over at the beta site.

You bought the content via Steam. The benefit to users is savings, the bundle is only available via Steam, and is a nice savings over buying the content separately.

However the content itself is downloaded via Microsoft, by redeeming a key Steam gives you. The instructions to redeem your Steam purchase with MS can be found here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2643707

I agree this is a really poor way to do it, but since MS requires the DLC to be downloaded via their service, the alternative would be that the title simply does not show up on the Steam service. Ultimately it is up to Steam to provide support for this purchase.

Dewey, Go to Steam, find microsoft flight, and "buy" the free game. You can cancel the download after it starts, you just need it to add Flight to your Games Library.

After you do that, open the Library and right-click on Flight. One of the options there should be "Show CD Key" or something to that effect, and those are the codes that you will need to enter in the game to download the DLC.

OK, here it is in a nutshell. I launched Flight yesterday. There was a link for purchasing a discounted bundle via Steam. I followed the link. I purchased the bundle. I got confirmation that the sale had been processed and my credit card had been charged.

Nothing happened. There was no download, no activation key, no products showed up on my Flight game, nothing. I immediately began seeking help from Steam, and from Microsoft. I spent hours yesterday trying everything I could think of to get the product I paid for, or to get some assistance from Support on one side or the other.

I finally came to this forum for ideas because folks are always helpful here. And a few people did try to help me, but I was unable to follow their suggestions or solve the problem.

So, I paid for product I did not receieve, and those things happen sometimes. I understand that. But when they do, whoever got the money needs to try help the customer get what I bought. And that doesn't seem to be happening.

Thanks, Alex, for your offer to assist me. I hope you can because I'd like to keep the bundle and try to give Flight a fair shake. But if this is an example of the kind of "support" we can expect, it will make me leery of purchasing from them again.

But, back to the issue. Can you help me download and activate the bundle I purchased, Alex?

Thanks again!

Dewey

I went throught the same about a week ago. The problem is that you need to first install Flight through Steam so that it shows up in the Steam Library. Once Flight shows up in Steam you can then get the codes that you then use to download what you paid for. But you download it through Flight/Live. I believe that you can download and install Flight through Steam now to get those codes. It is a very messy implimentation. I don't like the idea of having to run Steam just to start Flight from now on. Microsoft is aware that the Steam implementation is not real pretty. I emailed MSFLIGHT, as someone just suggested above, a week back and just got a call from them this morning about my situation. They have no control over Steam. Steam buys it from MS and then sells it. MS has nothing to do with Steams implementation, but they are aware that I don't like it at least. I could not get an answer from Steam a week back so I purchased the Hawaii pack and the Maule through Flight/Live and got Steam off my system. I will never need it for anything else. I am hoping a Paypal dispute will get my money back from Steam.

Good luck!

Gord

Ok. Dewey. No matter where you buy DLC from, you will get a Key or Code. Use that code to activate that product via GFWL. You can do that either going to xbox.com and under Xbox Live click "Redeem Code" and you will be able to activate your DLC purchase. Another way is once in the game, in the main menu, click "Redeem Code" and you will be able to activate your DLC purchase. Either way is good.

If you bought it through Steam, you will get a DLC code right after purchase that you have to copy down. If you forget to copy it down, don't worry. In your Steam Library, under Microsoft Flight, right click and select "properties". Then go the the tab that says "DLC" and it should show your Code. Copy it down and download the DLC.

And the reason why Flight got introduced to Steam was to attract a wider audience.

I hope these tips can help you Dewey.

It's my pleasure that I can help whenever possible, though I am 14 and in High School.

Add me on Steam! My name is: Owning Sid the Kid.

Happy Flying!

I don't see why he doesn't just install the steam version and follow the instructions. It's a pretty simple process.